Destiny Arrives

July 14th, 2016
OTC

*IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN AVENGERS INFINITY WAR YET, DO NOT CONTINUE READING*

There was an idea
To bring together a group of remarkable people
To see if we could become something more
So when they needed us, we could fight the battles
That they never could
*Avengers theme song plays hauntingly in background*
In time, you will know what it's like to lose
To feel so desperately that you're right
And to fail, all the same
Dread it
Run from it
Destiny still arrives
Evacuate the city
Engage all defenses
And get this man a shield
Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe
But this does put a smile on my face

This is the Asgardian refugee vessel. We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault-engines are dead, life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel within range...our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here. This is not a warcraft!

I assure you, brother. The sun will shine on us again.

Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, prince of Asgard, Odinson-Stark, the rightful king of Jotumheim, god of mischief, do hereby pledge to you my undying fidelity.

You...will never be...a god.

From the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then, boom. The Big Bang sends six elemental crystals hurdling across the virgin Universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence. Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind. And Time.

Tell me his name again

Thanos

I'm sorry, Earth is closed today

I shoulda stayed on the bus.

The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal. To bring balance to the universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre. Including my own. If he gets all six Infinity Stones...he can do it with the snap of his fingers like this.

You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man...if there's no neighborhood.

if it comes to saving you or the kid or the Time Stone... I will not hesitate to let either of you die.

If I'm wrong, then...what more could I lose?

Did it have a name?
Stormbreaker.

I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.
How many did you see?
14,000,605.
How many did we win?
One.

In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. A soul...for a soul.

With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy.

All that for a drop of blood. You have my respect, Stark.

Spare his life...and I will give you the stone.

Did we just lose?

We're in the endgame now.

You should have gone for the head

*snap*

Daughter?
Did you do it?
Yes.
What did it cost?
Everything.

Tony. There was no other way.

Mr. Stark? I don't feel so good.
You're all right.
I don't...I don't know what's happening. I don't know...I don't want to go. I don't want to go, sir. Please. Please, I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I'm sorry.

Tiara shot up, eyes opening. She remained still, letting her breathing even out. She wiped tears from her cheeks and sweat from her brow, letting out a choked sob. She stood, walking into the commons of the Avengers Tower. Tony and Loki cuddled there, Loki falling asleep in the crook of Tony's neck. Bucky was cradling little Arra and Ember was feeding little Brey and cooing at him. Natasha and Clint sat in the corner, talking about assassin things. Tiara turned to see Peter staring at her, eyes concerned. She let out a shaky breath, collapsing to the floor in tears. Bucky handed Arra to Natasha, going to Tiara's side.

"What's wrong, doll?" Bucky asked, wrapping his arms around Tiara's shaking form.

"I-I had a dream, a nightmare, really, about the prophetic Infinity War. It...it was so real." She sobbed in his shoulder, gripping him tightly. By now, the others had fully woken up and were listening, Ember coming over and putting her hand on her shoulder. Tiara stood, the others letting go of her. "P-Peter, please."

Peter looked at her, knowing what she needed. He stood and went to her, arms open. She cried, stroking his hair and gripping him close. "You're okay, Tiara."

"And so are you, Peter."