Eurovision Winners

(I saw 5 readers actually seeing this mess of a "book" and I'm honestly happy to see people actually noticed that it exists. Thank you, in all honesty, especially coming from this mess of a kebab.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the long-time europals, the concept of Eurovision is pretty much known and pretty much not modified ever since its formation in 1956. However, the voting style changed a lot untill it became the one we knew today.

For the new europals, there's a thing with Eurovision. As mentioned in the very first chapter, the 26 countries in the final fight in order to gain the televoting and the jury attention. (points-wise, of course, what else?)

The one which gained the most points overall is crowned as the winner of Eurovision in the respective year. Of course the artist(s) gain the title of an Eurovision winner, and their country has the privilege to host it in their.... native country. Specifically in a city located in their country, which usually are the capitals or big cities. (Milstreet seems to be one exception though. Look it up.)

But not going into the details with the Eurovision hosts, let's go to the actual Eurovision winners.

From 1956 untill 2017 we've had 64 winning acts, ranging from different musical genres, languages and even musical style.

Now, the newbies when it comes to Eurovision may ask:

"Hold on a second! You mentioned that only one winner is crowned the Eurovision winner, right? Then it should've been 61 winners total. Why 64 winners?"

To answer that little question for you, we need to go back in time. More specifically, in 1969, because that year is interesting as a whole. It was held in Madrid, as Spain won the previous year, and 16 countries fought in order to win.

What makes this year stand out this much though?

Well, there's a thing called tie-breaker. It's usually used in order to determine the winner in case the top 2 have the exact same amount of points.

Apparently during that time, the tie-breaker didn't even exist, so in order to establish the winner between 4 countries with the same amount of points and all, they just simply crowned them all as Eurovision winners.

That being said, 1969 is known as being the year with 4 winners, instead of 1, with France gaining their 4th win during that time (France was on a good streak during Retro Eurovision, not going to lie), The Netherlands' third win, the United Kingdom's second win and Spain's second win.... in a row.

The edition of 1970's location would be pretty confusing considering 4 different countries won the same year. How did they do it?

Simple. Toss the coin.
United Kingdom & Spain were taken out of the equation considering they hosted previously, so it was France vs. The Netherlands.

The coin landed in favour of Netherlands, so Amsterdam was the location for our good old 1970 edition. Pretty neat, I might say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, there's also some guys on Youtube using this kind of commentary:

"Come on, Eurovision sucks big time! Let alone we have bad winners, it's also a career killer. There's no Eurovision act which actually did well internationally or comercially!"