Did You Know... [4] (ROM - UK/Yugoslavia)

(Alright, let's finish this once and for all...
Also hi media song again! :D)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romania:
(my other half-country, so hi)
The history surrounding Romania in Eurovision could be traced as far as 1993 - as Romania had tried multiple times to pass through the pre-selection zone. Officially debuting in 1994, the issue happened that, alongside Hungary, to be among the 2 which failed in every pre-selection round.
Despite this low achievement, Romania managed to keep up with Eurovision, scoring 2 3rd places as best entries overall.
Furthermore, Romania also was pretty much also evicted from the 2016 edition because of the fact that TVR didn't pay its debts since 2007 and that was pretty much a shit move of our broadcaster.
(I genuinely felt bad for Ovidiu though, he tried in the national selection since 2010 in almost every year and when he finally won, that happened. I hope he thinks once again of a possible return, because this guy didn't deserve all that - and he got also mocked by our former act from 2006 which became an actual idiot... Yeah, that sucks, but he didn't lost hope. We're still proud of him anyway.
Rock on, Ovidiu. Rock on.)

Russia:
After the split of Soviet Union and the eventual beginning of the end for Intervision, mother Russia ended up joining Eurovision in 1994.
Russia's achievements are pretty impressive: 1 win, 4 2nd places & 3 3rd places - and all in just 20 years.
Russia also was pretty much banned in 2017 to participate because of... you know, the issue with Ukraine and Crimea? I think you know that one. But at least their broadcaster gave Julia a second chance (Unlike our shitty broadcaster.... *ahem*)
Furthermore, Russia is among the 5 countries which have never missed a final up to date - the others being Australia, Romania, Azerbaijan & Ukraine.

San Marino:
The country might be tiny, but don't underestimate little San Marino in Eurovision.
San Marino debuted in 2008 - and they only reached once the final, in 2014. Aside that, San Marino is home to one beautiful goddess fully devoted to Eurovision - that being Valentina Monetta.
So, what's up with her?
Well, I don't know, she participated 3 times in a row with iconic songs and her 4th attempt with a legit parents dance routine which ended up being so ridiculously unironic?
Yeah, basically this lady has made history in the recent years for being an icon of this contest. Let alone she's the one which brought San Marino to their only final. What a legend.

Serbia:
(Well, aside their winning fact, I don't really have much interesting facts to write of Serbia... But here we go anyway.)
So, you know that person sitting literally behind, being eerly silent and all, but taking all the notes from the classmates which did their project well, while in the end making the next day a project as equally good as theirs, if not better?
That's basically Serbia in a nutshell.
They participated under 2 different names previously - Yugoslavia and Serbia & Montenegro (as a state) - but gave them a lot of opportunities to make their homework silently and literally promise that, quoting: "we'll bring the best song next year" during the 2006 voting results.
Serbia & Montenegro dissolved officially in 2006, while Serbia and Montenegro parted ways and went separately.
Opting for Beovizija yet again, Serbia went with "Molitva" as their official act in 2007 - which eventually ended up winning the entire contest - and putting Serbia next to Switzerland when it comes to winning in their debut edition.
Aside their win, they managed to gain another 3rd place.

Serbia & Montenegro:
The thing with this country is that they participated twice and went top 10 anyway.
Serbia & Montenegro used to be one unitary state since the dissolvation of Yugoslavia - joining Eurovision in 2004 and only participating 2 times before their dramatic withdrawal in 2006.
So... what happened?
Well, it's really complicated to begin with. But I'll try to summarise it in a way that only Wattpad knows about!
(No, I won't make it as a gay fanfic, stay chill - but there'll be a one-shot version of what happened in 2006 with this country. Stay tuned, anyway that might spice up a bit the atmosphere because it's still pretty much a controversial topic so yeah)