[Rant] Oh, the drama.

(The first subject approached regarding Eurovision 2019. And oh boy, was it incredibly dramatic. Also this one pic is pretty much self-explanatory, ain't it?)

~~~

Hello, Kebab is here and back with some mini ranting.

You know, as a long time europal myself, I'm used with all the spicy drama. I'm pretty much certain you're also used with it and would usually bring your cup of tea while the fandom or the jurors/participants will go with the knives at others' throats for a valid explanation.

Eurovision has plenty of drama. Useless or controversial. Avoided or unavoided. But after all, that's one of the many reasons why we love this contest.

2019 is no exception.

With 42 countries initially scheduled to go to Tel Aviv, it turned 41. You'll see soon why, although you're pretty much aware about who I'm talking about.

There's 3 significant dramas which really occured (or still occurs) in 2019, however one managed to pull through and still represent her country, the other had to refuse and move along with her career, while the third one is strictly political and delicate.
(Okay, the third one ain't a drama so to speak, but people went wild on social media regarding that topic.)

Let's casually just go through all of them, one by one, to see what made them so dramatic in the first place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Israel-Palestine situation and people trying to boycott the contest held in Israel for supporting Palestine.

I think you're all aware about the fact that the situation with Israel and Palestine is pretty delicate and all.

A "drama" still ongoing, the apartheid movement went crazy in late 2018 and early 2019 regarding boycotting Eurovision hosted in Israel after Netta won.

Basically the Palestine-supporters were so mad when Eurovision had been won by Israel, that they tried so hard to be noticed by the EBU/ESC officials so that they'd move it somewhere else because they're "supporting the killers instead of the real victims".

The social media were flooded by people like them, not only trying to make themselves look like heroes, but insulting everyone which disagrees with their opinion. Also claiming they're "true Eurovision fans, but they'll boycott this year because it's Israel and Israelis are murderers" blah blah blah.

Another thing about me: I don't like getting involved in political stances, nor taking sides regarding controversial stuff involving politics. I'm here for the music for fuck's sake, shove your political ideologies up your bum, get outside and take a deep breath of fresh air.

Of course, some issues can't be avoided (you'll see soon), but this movement feels more like being attention whores rather than stand in solidarity for Palestinians.
(Excuse my language, but not everything can be limited to under 18)

Other Eurovision acts also said they'll boycott the contest this year, among them being several Irish acts, notably one of the winners in 1994.

...So basically, yeah, political involvement. Let's just move on.

----