Eurovision 2018 - Semi-Finals Rant

(I know you love one (1) wild SuRie, therefore hi SuRie.
Plus, no ideas for the media, considering that I'm saying my points of view regarding the semi-finals. Both of them.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the semi-final results & performances, Eurovision 2018 has proven to be very very open. And also, very unpredictable by that matter.

I'll just go and review my biggest surprises and letdowns of the year, by far, and some rants here and there regarding a few nations, including mine, of course.

So, let's begin with the big surprises.
(it'll be just top 3 of the each category, don't worry.)

3. Slovenia.
Placement in my top before the show: 28th.

We'll begin with the country which pretty much managed to pull through after 3 consecutive years of failing: Slovenia.
To be fair and honest, I never really seemed to dig this song a lot, even if Lea had charisma and personality to match the song amazingly well.

And considering it's Slovenia, I expected this to fail.
And boy... I was wrong.

Slovenia managed to fill the stage amazingly well and the dancing was on point. Hell, even the Portuguese part of the song worked well.
The only con I'd point here would be that awkward pause.
That was super awkward and kinda ruined the mood.

2. Switzerland.
Placement in my top before the show: 12th.

"Stones" was among my early favorites - and the song was pretty much right behind my corner, kind-of like my type of song.

Why is it a surprise if you'd say it like so? I mean, isn't the surprise like... something shocking?

Well, it is true though, but considering Switzerland and their performances, especially after 2017, I didn't have much hopes for Zibbz. I really wanted them to do well.

And then the semi-final arrived... And woah.
Was that really Switzerland performing like a boss over there and delivering everything in one live performance?!

Needless to say, that performance blew me away and is probably my favorite Eurovision live performance of all time. Yes, I'm dead serious.

The shocker is that it failed.
Europe, why you let Switzerland fail? Like, they delivered, wasn't that enough for you?
Switzerland, don't give up just yet. You'll do it someday.

1. Lithuania.
Placement in my top before the show: 18th.

As much as I adored Switzerland, this award goes to Lithuania by a mile and a half away.

Lithuania, as mentioned previously, is often overlooked big time by Eurovision fans - so basically they end up in the bottom of their lists when it comes to favorite countries. Super underappreciated, and rarely enters the top 10 as well.

However, when it comes to their entry this year...
I think "When We're Old" found the recipe for touching people's hearts through a little ballad, emotional performance, talented singer and of course, the projections.