Similar Contests/Festivals

(Previously, we mentioned a lot of spin-offs which were mainly related to EBU and close to Eurovision Song Contest. This time, we're going a tiny bit different and check out other festivals or even contests which quite took the Eurovision idea and adapted it for themselves.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the Eurovision concept was mainly inspired, as mentioned in the very first page, from Sanremo Music Festival.

Which, technically, isn't a contest per se. However, this went on and that one festival which influenced greatly ended up supporting and even fully going as a festival closely tied with Eurovision (Italy usually selects their act through this festival, however the winner has the decisive choice. If the winner doesn't want to go to Eurovision, the second can choose.)

I wanted to separate this topic into two categories: the Eurovision-related spin-offs (covered already) and the similar contests which are kinda.... more inspired by this concept.

Of course, the festivals are also pretty much included, as not all the ones mentioned in here are basically like Eurovision.

We'll go step-by-step and include a couple few examples of contests or festivals which used or are still going around the world, from Asia to Latin America.

With this occasion, you might actually find more acts or music you would love. After all, music pretty much represents a whole lot to a person, no matter what age.

Let's begin then.

ASIA

When it comes to Asia, you might notice that many Asian countries are way more diverse than Europeans. You don't know what to expect entirely from them.

ABU Radio Song Festival | ABU TV Song Festival
(both debuted in 2012 and are still going on up untill this date)

The ABU Song Festivals are an annual song competitions which consists of two parts: the radio festival and a TV festival.

The ones behind it is basically Asia's answer to EBU, therefore the ones which want to compete in these two festivals need the ABU membership*.
(ABU - Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union)

A little bit of history here:

Technically, EBU's partnership with ABU wanted to instaurate Asiavision Song Contest back in 2008. As mentioned in the Eurovision Asia post, the term of Asiavision was copyrighted by a news channel.

Therefore, ABU suggested The Asia-Pacific Song Contest, and it was postponed indefinetely because of internal misunderstandings of the two sides. It was initially planned to debut in 2009, and it was rescheduled 2 more times before it confirmed the postpone.

ABU didn't really gave up this easily though. In the following year, they decided to organize a TV festinal and a radio festival which would debut in 2012.

So, the ABU Song Festivals were born.

ABU Radio Song Festival, in comparison with the sister-festival, aims to promote musicians which aren't under contract with any label.  ABU TV Song Festival allowes the professional musicians to participate.