Junior Eurovision 2018 - Impressions [2/2]

(Guess who's very much back again after a round of hiatus and finals? Moi, your not-so-favorite kebab. Let's finish this, shall we?)

---

10th: Russia

Before the show: Not a fan tbh.

After the show: Oh, a band? Nice staging. Can't complain.

~~~

Mother Russia had a typical entry for JESC, yet it didn't slide as well as they did in the past years. Anna is lovely on stage though, and the band concept was nicely added, but I guess it just kinda got forgotten in the meanwhile.

9th: Armenia

Before the show: Eh, at least it's catchy I guess?

After the show: -biggest eeeeeeh in the history of ever-

~~~

The kid can't really sing and perform at the same time, and it shows. While the song may be remotely catchy, he doesn't really deliver it properly. 10th was enough for Armenia.

8th: Georgia

Before the show: -another big eeeeeeeh intensifies-

After the show: At least she can sing.

~~~

Georgia is a whole other story in JESC than in ESC. They seem to dominate in the child spinoff, however this song is so blatantly generic that I felt like Georgia didn't gave her enough justice. She's a lovely singer though.

7th: Italy

Before the show: A Disney-ish ballad performed by a duo, huh?

After the show: Well, this went way better than I originally expected. Way to go, kids.

~~~

Italy was the biggest surprise live to be fair and honest with you. The duo had a lot of charisma together, and their voices were absolutely lovely. Also 12/10 would protect little Melissa with my entire human being, thanks for listening.