Eurovision 2018 - Final Rant

Well, to be fair and honest with you here, this final was open as all hell, if you ask me.
But I absolutely had no idea how open it was untill the voting began, my god.

But before we start discussing what happened in the voting in general, I'd wanna mention a few things which did happen throughout the final.

So, it was all nice and well, happy happy, joy joy, the artists were in great condition and were really into the spirit...
.....And then United Kingdom arrived.
(No, it's nothing bad regarding SuRie, by the way.)

It all began nicely, she seemed to have fun and enjoy the whole thing. She did show the fact that she's familliar with Eurovision, because she was so confident and delivered her song amazingly well.

Untill this fucker arrived on stage.

I honestly have absolutely no idea who is he, why was he there or why the fuck he decided to go after SuRie's microphone while she was performing - but if he really wanted to deliver a message, then this is NOT the way to do it.

Even so, SuRie stayed strong on her feet, and delievered her song further untill the end, but with more strength than in the beginning - she really was determined to pull it off, no matter what.

The queen of professionalism, everyone. Bow down to her.
(But damn, I wish she'd return back again or to get involved somehow into Eurovision more. She's such a great person, and I 150% believe she'd do miracles. Thank you, SuRie, you're awesome, and keep on being yourself.)

Aside that, everything went well - but that incident was pretty much unexpected. Even so, the British delegation decided they're proud of her anyway, so they declined the opportunity to perform the song yet again, after the others.

And, now - the obvious fun part:
~ The Voting ~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The edition had been proven to be absolutely interesting, as the majority of the nations which used to be there every single year, or almost every single year have failed in their semi-finals.

Some of them actually would've influenced somehow due to major block voting - and who knows where they would've placed in the end?
(example: hi Russia, how are you?)

Over my personal surprise, Austria won the jury voting.
It isn't like I hate the song though (it was my 11th of the year, if I'm not mistaken), though the fact that they did so well in jury kind-of obtained a mixed result from me.

I was happy because it did way better than anyone would've expected at that point, a legit dark horse of the year, if you'd say so. Plus, it was a personal favorite too, so yay.

But at the same time... I don't know, apart from that CGI Cesar figure which basically turned up to be a meme in the Eurovision community, the performance was so bland and it didn't offer anything else much aside vocals and that CGI mentioned earlier.

It just didn't felt like a winner with that performance.
Like okay, simple yet effective, but it felt just so empty that I forgot it performed while listening to the recaps.

While, the televoting winner was Israel.

Fairly enough, I did say that Netta's performance let me down in the semi-finals because it felt so messy and there was so much going on.

Thankfully, that mess was a bit toned down in the final and it really felt like the party was rising high on the stage. She had personality and charisma, and delivered that song like a boss.

Overall...

(look at her with the trophy aw)

Overall, Israel managed to win after 20 years of waiting, gaining officially their 4th win in the contest since their debut, beating the runner-up, Cyprus with a 93 points margin.

Other stuff to mention on what happened this year:

- Cyprus and Czech Republic managed to get their best achievement to date in the 2018 edition.
- On the other side, Azerbaijan, Romania & Russia broke their final streak, however Azerbaijan and Romania weren't too far from the qualification either. Russia, on the other hand, it fell on 15th out of 18.
- The Caucasus (aka Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan) failed all together, being the very first time this happens.
- Portugal fell on last place, being another one of the multiple host acts which ended up on last place after their country won.
- 43 countries participated in the contest, like in 2008 & 2011, being also the highest number of participants up to date in one year.
-China's main broadcaster for Eurovision, Mango TV, got a severe punishment from EBU after Albania & Ireland were edited from the broadcast because of Albania's supposed tattoos (don't ask me, I have no idea whatsoever what happened there) and Ireland's representation of a homosexual couple on stage. It terminated the partnership straight-away.
(Pun... intended? I have no idea anymore)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Post-Eurovision Depression part of the world, y'all!
It's been overall a great and interesting year, very varied and with beautiful, kind acts which proudly represented their nation and which can be proud of their achievements on stage.

Congratulations yet again to Israel! And see you there for the 2019 contest. (probably, who knows what else it'll change)

In the meanwhile, I'll try to find something regarding Eurovision so that we can cope with the PED better. I'm not the best person to entertain people, but I'll try my best at least.

~ALegitKebab~