Chapter 4

Clarke

Before I knew what was happening, the man swung open the doors and pushed me in. Not very gracefully, he kicked me down on my knees.

I took a look around the room. Unlike the rooms we were being kept in, this one contained some colour. Instead of white, the walls were painted a light grey but the floor was the same cold white tile. It looked like a meeting room of some sort, with a large table in the middle of the room, it looked about large enough to fit twenty people.

Speaking of those twenty people, they were sitting in those chair, watching my every move.

My breathing slowed, and I scanned my eyes over each one of them carefully. They looked quiet calm, almost bored, as if I was there for their entertainment and I was failing. I hate these types of people. Like what the reapers did, those people in the crates were alive, and they seemed to take pleasure in their pain.

Those people discust me.

"You are Clarke Griffin, I believe" One of them spoke up, causing the rest to turn towards the speaker. I realised that he must have been the top member at this 'meeting'.

I took a deep breath, and nodded. "How do you kn-" I started but was cut off by the leaders voice

"I have taken the liberty to talk to some of your people. They say that you, are their leader." He continued. The others nodding at what he was saying

"They said that?" I asked, speaking up. The heads turned to face me, their faces mortified that I dared to speak up.

"Were they lying?" A women asked, giving a look that sent shivers down my back.She was older,looking old enought to be the mans mother, yet she still looked young.I was about to respond when the man spoke up again.

"Emilia, Darling" He said " Let me handle this" He said it calmly, but there was a certain amount of anger that he witheld in his voice.

"Im aware you are the one doing the interogation Ash Darling, but I was simply asking her a question. Let her answer it!" Emilia said, her voice also containing restrained anger. She turned her head towards me expectingly.

"No, They were not lying" I said, daring to look her in the eyes. That pleased her, and a wicked smile formed on her lips. 

"Very well, we shall take your word on it." She answered, than nodded at Ash?He looked at her disaprovingly.

"Thank you, Mother" He said in an irritated tone, but then his voice turned serious again.

"You" he said looking at me "Will answer for your people. I have questions to be answered, and I will get the truth. We are not very fond of liars, are we?" he asked and the group all mumured 'No's and 'certainly not's. 

Ash smiled approvingly at the others sitting at the table.

"I will answer all the questions you have, and believe me, I have no reason to lie to you. In exchange I have a few questions of my own about you." I said, this time looking directly at Ash.

"You are in no posision to barrgain. If i recall correctly, your people are the ones looked up. Am I wrong?" He asked. 

"No, you are not wrong, but we mean no harm to your people. You think we are threat, but we dont want to start another war. Thats what I want my people to believe, that you mean us no harm, that there is no reason we have to be afraid, or cause difficulties. That we can answer all your questions honestly. We want the same thing." I said, looking around at the faces at the table. They looked impressed.

Ash seemed to consider it for a moment, then a smile appeared on his lips

"Spoken like a true leader, Clarke Griffin" He said "I will answer your questions as long as you answer mine"

With that he moved towards me and stuck his hand out for me to shake. 

I stood up, and everyone watched as we shook on it.