Chapter 5

NOTE:

If anyone has any ideas on what else could happen, or what they think could happen in this story, PLEASE TELL MEEEE!! I have some ideas but im not sure how to add everything in, and i wanted to do a part on whats happening with the ark, but i have no idea how to do that so...

If anyone wants to add their bits to this story, I would LOVE to have them. Just comment or email me ( writingbecauseican@gmail.com - my wattpad email only) or anything really.Thanks for reading!

Clarke

Ash had a grip that was strong and firm. I expected it to be that way.

He smiled at me before walking back to the desk and sat back down.

"Everyone out!" Ash demanded  and to my suprise, there were no objections. Not even from Emilia,who seemed like the type of person who would object.

Chairs were scattered as people got up and made their ways to the door. Some of them gave me dirty looks, by some of them I mean most of them. There were a few faces that looked sympathic, though it didnt occur to me to care. They could be the enemey. Im not here to make friends.

Ash beamed as the door closed behind the mountain men, and let out a breath I didnt notice he was holding. 

"They can be very irritating at times, as you can see" He sighed "Especially my mother" He mused, looking almost proud that he got her to leave

"What are you waiting for, Clarke Griffin? Come, take a seat" He said waving me towars a chair on his right

I sat with caution, not knowing how this would turn out. It could turn out to be good and we could end up becoming allies or at least we wont end up in war. They would release the 100 and it would be okay. The thing is that everytime we have a victory, even just a small one, everything afterwords goes wrong.

Like with the grounders we thought it was okay. Apart from the obvious problems with the people that were left outside. Then came the mountain men and we are now locked up in cages.

"Well, lets get straight to it" Ash started leaning forward in his seat. He cocked his head slightly to the left, taking a better look at me.

"How did your people get here? We have never seen you before or heard of you" He said. I nodded my head telling him I was listening.

"Well-" I satrted but Ash cut me off

"Remember Clarke Griffin, I want the truth. I dont care how ugly or devestating it can be I-" This time I cutt him off

"I know. I told you I would tell the truth" I said "Like I was saying, we came from space." I paused to look at his reaction but his face was blank, scrubbed of emotions.

"When the war down here started, people took refuge in the space stations to seek get away from the radiation. People forged stations together and created what we call the Ark. Our people have been living there for generations. I, all the people you locked up, we were born in space." I said

"You still have not told me how you got down here" Ash said

"So you believe me so far?"

"I didnt say that. Continue, please"

"Fine" I said running a hand through my hair. "We were sent down to Earth, a 100 of us, to see if we could survive. They had risked all our lifes, because the Ark was dying, systems were failing. So even if we all died, at least we would have bought the rest of the people up there more time"

"Your people are cruel" Ash stated without blinking

"There was nothing else to do" I said finding myself defending the idiots on the council. Floating so many people so they could save their own asses. Some of them discusted me.

"Alright, thank you. Now, did you know that there were other people down here?" Ash asked, looking me straight in the eyes. He was checking to see if I was lying.

"We didnt. No one on the Ark had been on the ground, we weren't excpecting for people to be down here. We thought everyone on Earth was dead." I replied, looking him dead in the eyes just to irritate him. It worked.

"How did your people stay alive? I mean, the radiation was everywhere." I started, ready to bommer Ash with questions.

He smirked at me and shook his head slightly. "Not so fast, Clarke Griffin" He said still smiling.

"I answered your questions. Now -"

"Now, we decide if we want to take your word on this and trust you, ot not" He said bemused.

"We had a deal" I started but didnt get far as the man who brought me here burst throught the door.

"Take her away!" Ash demanded  but  I scrambled away from the man

"Why are you doing this!? We had a deal, I told you the truth-"

" We are very pleased that you have cooperated so far, but for now" He said as he looked at the man, who now had his hand clapsed on my shoulder

"Take her away"