Chapter 7

I stared at the door in awe.

How did this happen? Did the man leave it open on purpose or was it an accident? But he said 'because I have hope' what did he mean by that? The last thing I had asked him was... Why he didn't kill me. So does that mean he didn't kill me because he had hope. Hope for what? Was he like Lincoln? Believed we could all coexist together?

I hope so. Lincoln helped us so much, saved all if us. Saved me and Finn - Finn and Bellamy and the rest out there! Octavia and Lincoln! Did they make it? I just wish-

No. I can't think about that right now.

Monty banging on the window once again cause me to snap out of it. I looked over at him, and he nodded towards the door, saying open it. I nodded back at him and reached out for the door.

Unlike the other times where no matter how hard I had pulled the door didn't open, this time it opened with ease. I let a small smile sneak on to my face as a wave of victory washed over me, Monty did the same.

He gestured towards his door through the glass, and I slowly and warily walked over to his door, the tiles still cold against my bare feet. Monty watched my every move until my hand was on the cool door Handle.

I slowly opened it, cautiously as if something may jump out. Monty stepped back as the door slowly opened, creaking as it did. As soon as the door was open, Monty pulled me in for a hug.

"Clarke!" He said, quietly so no one would hear. It wasn't worth much since there were cameras but we still whispered.

"Monty!" I said back as we pulled away from our friendly embrace.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? I can help if you -" I started but he cut me off

"I'm fine" he said pulling me into the room. At my questioning look he added "So they don't see us in the hallway"

"What about the camera?" I asked but he simply pointed behind him. Monty had draped a small white sheet over the camera. "I took off the case from the pillow" he said showing me the pillow with the missing case. I should have guessed something like this for Monty. I couldn't help but smile.

"Did that guy leave the door open!? Did you talk to him" Monty asked me urgently

"I honestly don't know" I said " I tried getting him to talk, but it didn't work.it just made him angry. He had me pinned against the wall and I asked him why he didn't kill me. He didn't say anything then but just before he closed the door, he said because he had hope"

Monty nodded, before looking down the corridor. "Where did they take you? Did you find anything out?"

"It's complicated" I said after a moment of thinking. Monty urged me to go on and I just sighed. I told him about Ash and his mother Emilia, and how they all listened to Ash. I explained how we made an agreement and what I told him.

"So he didn't say anything about why they brought us here or how they survived?" Monty asked when I had finished

"Sadly, no" I replied frowning

"Do you remember the way the man took to get you to the room? Where that room is?" He asked me, staring off into the corridor again

"That's another problem" I said sighing again

"Do you remember seeing any way out?" Monty asked again, then changed his mind and shook his head asking another question "Did you see anyone else?" He asked

I nodded and gave him a small smile

"I saw Jasper and some others. They're all locked up like we were" I say

"We need to get them out of there!" Monty exclaimed and started pacing around the room

"I agree but we need to make a plan first. We can't just walk around without a plan" I said

"Do you have a plan?" Monty asked me

I tried to think for a moment, but morning came to me " I really don't know" I said "I'm sorry Monty" I added

"No, it's not your fault" he sighed

"We can figure something out" I said confidently " I know we can"

"I really hope so" Monty said back