Chapter 1; And It begins

-Jadeilyn (Miranda);

        I woke up and looked around the room, hot mess. I got up, walked over to the window and opened the blinds. It was a beautiful morning and I was alone... I look at the clock. 1:22 pm. Why'd I wake up so late?! Ugh... I gotta be at the studio before 6 o'clock. I brushed my teeth, then hopped in the shower. It was 1:56 by the time I was finished. I zipped up my jacket on top of my Sports Bra. I decided to just wear my dance outfit so I won't have to change later.

        I walked out the door, made sure I locked it, then got into my car. I was supposed to meet Camille at Starbucks 10 minutes ago. I turned on the radio.

Radio: And now House Party by LA's very own, Jawan Harris.

       I changed the station.

Radio: Copy, Paste by Diggy Simmons.

        I changed the station again. My gosh! Why are they everywhere?!

Radio: Shot For me by Drake...

"I can see it in your eyes you're angry. Regret got shit on what you're feeling now-"

        I decide to turn off the radio for now... I pulled up to the Starbucks. There was nowhere to park. Like literally I had to search high & low JUST for a parking space. I thought the coffee rush was over... I guess I was wrong. When I got inside Camille was sitting at a secluded coffee table in the corner of the room. When she looked up and saw me, a huge smile slowly crept across her face.

Camille: THERE YOU ARE! Girl, you're 30 minutes late.

Me: Sorry. I slept in.

Camille: Don't kill yoself with the whole dancing thing...

Me: What can I say? I love kids.

Camille: Then why'd you leave yours?

       I looked away from her.

Camille: Sorry... I didn't mean to-

Me: Nah. It's okay. Forget about it.

Camille: All I'm saying is, it's been 6 years. At least consider going back.

Me: Camille, drop it. Their lives are better off without me.

Camille: Are you sure? Or is that just what you're telling yourself? Take it from someone with experience, if you wait any longer, that girl of yours will learn to hate you. She's 6 right now, right?

       I nodded.

Camille: Go now. Don't wait til that girl gets older.

Me: I can't. I don't wanna talk about this.

Camille: Well, when do you get off of work today?

Me: I don't know... Maybe like 9 o'clock or 9:30.

Camille: Alright.

Me: Why?

Camille: A bitch can't just want to know something?!

Me: Okay. Damn.

--------------------------------------------

-Myla;

        First day of 3rd grade. I was a bit nervous but, Daddy told me to be confident & everything would be okay. I sit in the 3rd row of desks. Adrianna on my Right, and some kid named Taylor on my left. Adrianna was my age. I remember her from my old class. Well, all we did today was learn the basics. You know, math, spelling, reading, and writing. Piece of cake. After school, Adrianna and I went to wait for our parents outside, when Taylor and her friends showed up.