There's Safety in Darkness

•Y/N: Your Name 
•F/C: Favorite Color

Your POV:

After gaining the male's name, my mind just went blank. What else am I supposed to talk about? This is a robot for Christ's sake! I hate starting conversations.

"So, um...what exactly is going on in the other room?" I'm a little curious. We aren't the only ones here judging by the faint sound of voices I'm hearing. It's all coming from across the hall. I kind of want to know what Mephiles is up to.

"Th@t'$ cl@$$ifi€d," (That's classified) was his immediate response. I don't think I've ever been shut down that fast before. I sigh softly while looking down at my hands. I fiddle with my fingers a bit to relieve some of my boredom.

'Why is Mephiles taking so long?' I bite my bottom lip as my eyes travel to the being beside me.

"Do you...have a favorite color?" Okay, I'll admit, that's a stupid question to ask, but it's better than nothing. He turns his head towards me, his red eyes staring into mine. I'm sure that if he could show facial expression, he'd look confused by my random question. After a moment of silence, I sigh.

"Never mind." I lean my head against the back of the couch and close my eyes. I'm getting nowhere with this guy.

"¥€ll0\/\/." (Yellow)

My eyes open, and I turn to the robotic male beside me with a raised brow.

"What did you say?"

"/\/\¥ f@\/0rit€ c0l0r i$ ¥€ll0\/\/," (My favorite color is yellow) he repeats.

"\/\/h@t @b0ut ¥0u?" (What about you) he asks.

"Yellow's a nice color. I think my favorite is F/C."

He nods, and it's quiet again. At least the silence doesn't feel awkward anymore. I sigh softly in content and lean my head back again. The exhaustion from all the running and emotions from today suddenly consumes me, and I close my eyes. I didn't realize I was even falling asleep until my head hit the hard surface of Metal Sonic's shoulder.

"Ow!" I say as I rub my head. I sit up again and rub my eyes. To my surprise, he gently guides me to lie against his side.

"Y0u \/\/ill $l€€p b€tt€r lik€ thi$." (You will sleep better like this)

I was about to lift my head and push him away, but my body refused to. The room does feel hot and a bit stuffy, so the cold surface of his metal body is appealing.

'He's just being nice. I should get some sleep.'

I close my eyes again and fall asleep against the robot's body.

Author's POV:

Y/N fell asleep quickly due to her exhaustion. Metal Sonic, believing the girl would feel more comfortable, lies down with her on his stomach. The robot was tempted to power down, but with how serious Mephiles got about him keeping an eye on Y/N, he decided against it. Three and a half hours pass before Mephiles returns to grab the girl and take her to his room. He appears less than pleased to find her sleeping on top of the robot, but disregards it.