The Quest: Chapter 25

Legolas and Alannah dismounted the horse as they arrived. Legolas whispered into its ear as Alannah had observed many times, sending it back to its masters in Rivendell. He turned and took her by the hand, whispering as they crossed the bridge. Mist from the great waterfall fell on their faces as they passed, refreshing them from their long journey. Auburn haired elves bowed deeply at Legolas's arrival while looking curiously at the woman he brought along with him. Alannah kept her head down as they approached the great doors at the end of the bridge, situated at the bottom of a great tree that loomed high above them.

"You need not worry meleth nin." Legolas whispered as they came to stand outside the doors. Alannah took a deep breath as he pulled her chin up to look at him. "Breathe, remember?" He added before giving her a quick kiss and nodding to the guards to open the doors for them.

Alannah forced herself to take a deep breath as she stepped inside

Alannah forced herself to take a deep breath as she stepped inside. The elven kings halls were grand and massive, the trees root systems having carved out the perfect palace. Sun shone through the roots, illuminating it perfectly. Legolas led her through different halls and paths until they finally reached King Thranduil's throne room. Alannah smoothed her hair and fidgeted with her tunic, silently kicking herself for not asking if she could change or at least freshen up before meeting his father.

Ahead, Alannah could see a golden-haired elf sitting high on a throne. She began to breathe slower, forcing herself to disguise her nervousness as they finally came to stand before him.

"I've returned Ada, with Alannah

"I've returned Ada, with Alannah." Legolas announced as he bowed to his father. Alannah quickly followed suit, only standing once again when Legolas did. Thranduil stood from his throne and walked down to embrace his son.

"I expected you to return much sooner ion nin. Gondor isn't but a day or so ride back." Thranduil queried as he pulled away from his son.

"Yes ada, but upon arriving in Minas Tirith I learned Alannah had left and travelled West. It took me some time to reach her." Legolas answered. Thranduil stepped towards Alannah, taking note she wore a silver band as did his son.