Chapter II: Fervent

I woke up early that next morning, taking a quick shower before heading to the bakery. When I arrived at the bakery, Louis' car was already in the parking lot. Louis stood, leaned up against the hood of his car. A smile spread across his face when he saw me. I went over to the door, unlocking it. I could hear his footsteps behind me.

"What are you going to teach me to cook today?" he asked once we were inside.

"Cookies." He followed me over to the kitchen, where all the stoves and ovens were.

"Easy enough." I grabbed my apron and handed him one. Hesitantly, he put it on. I grabbed a bowl and threw some ingredients into it, then handed it to him.

"Stir this," I told him. He grabbed it from my hand and stirred the bowl messily, getting the ingredients everywhere.

"Here, let me show you." I grabbed the bowl from him and demonstrating how he was suppose to stir it, then handed it back to him.

"Do you curl your hair or is it just naturally like that?" he asked as he started stirring the continents.

"It's naturally like this." He still wasn't stirring right but it was better than before.

"How long do I have to stir this?" he asked.

"five more minutes." I went around the rest of the kitchen, making sure it was clean.

"How long have you worked here?" he asked me.

"Ever since I was 14."

He finished stirring the dough. I told him to pour the dough out of the pan and flatten it with the roller. He did as instructed but he wasn't using the roller right.

"Here, let me help you," I said, without thinking I moved closer to him, I stood behind him, and put my hands over his, showing him how to use the roller. He stopped rolling the dough and looked up at me. His eyes gazed into mine. He had an unreadable expression on his face. I took my hands off his and backed away from him.

"S-sorry," I muttered as I put my face in my hands. What had gotten into me? Why did I always want to touch him? Why did I want to know how it felt to have my arms wrapped around him? Why did I want to know everything about him? I knew it wasn't just my curiosity, there had to be something else. I felt him pull my hands away from my face.

"It's fine, Haz," he said as his blue eyes fixated on mine.

"Haz?" I questioned.

"I guess that's my nickname for you," he chuckled. I let out a light chuckle and saw a smile appear on his face.

"We should go to the beach tomorrow, get to know each other more, since we're going to working together so much," he stated as he brushed a curl back from my face. Without effort, I slightly blushed.

"I have church tomorrow," I told him.

"Right, church, well we can go after." I nodded my head as he took a step back, leaning against the table.

"Shall we get back to work, Hazza?" I like, no I loved the way my name sounded coming out of his mouth.

Louis finished rolling out the dough and then I helped him cut the dough out into shapes.

"What was that supposed to be?" I asked as I pointed to an oddly shaped cookie.

"I think it was suppose to be a bunny." I turned my head sideways to see if that helped but it didn't, the cookie didn't look anything like a bunny. We finished making them into shapes and stuck the cookies into the oven. I hopped up on the counter while we waited for the cookies to bake.