Chapter XL: Elude

“Hey, guard,” Louis called. It was late afternoon the next day. The guard walked over to Louis’ cell.

“Are we ever going to get food?” he asked. I slipped my hand through the bars and gently unclipped the keys from his belt.

“So you are never going to feed us?” I slipped the keys in my pocket and signal to Louis. We waited until all of the night shift guards have arrived and fallen asleep. I pulled out the keys from my pocket and unlock my cell after typing in the passcode. All of the prisoners watched my every move. I typed the passcode in and unlock each of Louis’, Luke’s and Ashton’s cells. The prisoners sent me a desperate glare that pleads for me to release them too but I don’t. They followed me over to the door which I type in the code and put numerous keys into their locks. I opened the door and was blinded by the light. We stepped into the room, closing the door behind us. Once our eyes adjust to the lighting, we stare at the pile of dead bodies in the middle of the large room. The entire room is filled with dead bodies piled up to the ceiling. We look to one another with scared eyes. Louis was the first to move. He walked right up to the pile of dead bodies without fear.

“Liam,” he said as tears fell from his eyes. I found the strength to walk over to him. He was pointing at a deceased body of a boy my age, his skull had cracked through the skin and there was dry blood all over him. His nose was red and the bone was sticking through, his eyes were somehow still open but were lifeless. We backed away from him, my eyes examining every single decreased body, almost all of them had a line on the neck, marking where the rope was.

“Come on, Har.” I turned back around and followed Louis through the bodies, jumping from tile to tile. On the other side of the pile of bodies was another door. I looked behind me seeing Luke and Ashton close behind. There was another padlock on the door but no place for a key. I typed in the code into the pad and the door opened. It opened to reveal the outside. It was still dark out with only the moon and stars to light up the outside. We stepped outside, closing the door behind us. A yard in front of us was the fence going up to the sky. We were surrounded by the gallows. We walked past them quickly, getting to the out gate. We could hear some shouting behind us.

“We need to hurry up,” Louis told me. I typed in the code and the gate slid open. We run through, it sliding back close behind us. We heard more shouting and saw the guards running out of the prison building. We ran down the hill, and over to the dock by the ocean. There’s a cruise ship about to leave the dock, we run to the dock.

“Tickets?” the guy ask, but we run onboard, knocking the guy in the water. We catch our breaths hearing the guards shouting as they run out of the prison. The boat is released from the deck and we never looked back.

.......................................................................................................

so that's the last chapter of book 1, it looks like im doing a sequel due to popular demand. however, i need time to finish the sequel before i post it so i will probably post the summary and maybe the prologue but the i wont officially start posting regularly for the sequel until February 14, 2015. i'll give you more details on the sequel when i post the summary for it.