Prologue

As human beings, we are drawn to certain things. Certain things intrigue us and drag us into them. People are drawn to different things. But some things, we are all intrigued by. For some reason, we are all fascinated by forbidden love. Why that is I'm am still not sure of. Whether we had read it or not, we all know the story of Romeo & Juliet. Everyone knows the story of the two star crossed lovers who ended up dying for each other. I was always captivated by the story. I read an edited version of the play for the first time in 5th grade. My friends and family thought I was crazy for reading that book at that age, and being so interested in it in the first place. I read that book several times throughout my life. I even went to the theater a few times to watch the play and watched all the different versions of the movie. I was mesmerized by the love between Romeo and Juliet. I was captivated by their outlawed love. I always wondered why they wouldn't let their kids be together. Why they had to forbid them. I wished that someday I would love someone like they loved each other. Little did I know I would experience a forbidden love just like them. Only my love story, takes place in a small town in Belize. It isn't a play but simply a story. And its of two boys who fell in love. My name is Harry Styles and this is my forbidden love story.