Chapter XXV: Tranquility

I eventually stopped driving, and when I did, I found myself at Louis’ grandparents’ house. It was still raining, I ran inside and took off my soaking boots and raincoat. The candles from Louis’ and I first date were still in the house, along with the bean bags. I went searching the house for blankets, I was freezing. I found some in a storage closet and wrapped myself in millions of them as I curled up in a ball in the bean bag. Memories from earlier still ran through my mind, tries fell from my eyes and I began sobbing. I screamed, and yelled, and cried, and cried. There was this aching pain in my chest that wouldn’t go away and was making the whole world spin. I didn’t care what time it was or if I ever made it home, or even if I lived to see tomorrow. I just wanted Louis. Sure enough, when I had cried myself dry, someone opened the door. I stayed in my bean bag, afraid it was a robber. I heard the sound of footsteps and heavy breaths along with sobbing. I got up from my bean bag and walked over to where the noise was coming from. In the hallway, Louis stood soaking wet, with blood stains on his clothes, a black eye and probably a broken nose. He almost looked unrecognizable. He looked so weak, and fragile, and broken. Things that I had never used to describe him before nor thought I would. He looked up and met my eyes, which were red and swollen. I stepped close enough to him to pull him in my arms. I wrapped my arms around him, both of us sobbing into the embrace. We stayed like that for quite a while until I reluctantly pulled away.

“How’d you get here?” I asked him.

“When my dad stopped beating me, he returned upstairs, I waited about fifteen minutes then snuck out and drove my car here.” I nodded my head and he followed me over to my pile of blankets which were on the floor. He sat on the blankets and removed his shirt to examine his wounds. There were bruises starting to form all along his stomach. It looked serious, like he should go to a hospital but we both knew he couldn’t go.

“Is there a first aid kit around here somewhere?” I asked. He shook his head. So I grabbed a cloth and wet it. I then sat on the ground with him and cleaned his wounds. He would hiss or clench his jaw when I reached a sensitive area. When I was finished, I placed the cloth of the floor and pulled him into another hug.

“I’m not going to stop seeing you. I don’t care what he says or does. I love you, Harry and he can’t change that,” Louis told me as he pulled away from the hug but didn’t move any further away from me. It was such a sweet gesture but I cared about him too much.

“Lou, you can’t, he’ll hurt you again if you do,” I told him. He placed a hand on my chin and forced our eyes to meet.

“Harry, he can hurt me all he wants, it won’t make me love you any less. We can’t let him win.” I understood what he was trying to convey in that moment. I realized how strong of a man he was and for that I admired him.

“Can you do something for me, Haz?” Louis asked suddenly, his eyes softening. I nodded my head.

“Anything.” He glanced down, nervous. I placed a hand on his chin but his eyes avoided eye contact.

“Lou, what it is?” His blue eyes met mine.

“Make love to me,” he said in the quietest voice. My green orbs just marveled at his blue.

“You sure?” I asked. He nodded his head.

I connect our lips, starting slow, letting the sparks fly from the kiss. The kiss soon became heated, Louis laid down on the blanket and I crawled on top of him while still kissing him. He removed my shirt tossing it to the side as I removed my lips from his and started sucking on his collarbone. “Harrryyy,” he moaned out as his eyes shut. I smirked when I had left a mark and began kissing each patch of skin, repeating ‘I love you’ after each kiss. I was soon at the belt of his jeans. I looked up for permission even though I knew I already had it. He nodded and I unbuckled his jeans. I then proceeded in pulling down both his boxers and jeans in one fluid motion. I teasingly began stroking his cock. Louis’ eyes shut and he moaned out profanities as he gripped the sheets. “Please Harry, don’t tease,” he said through pants. I released him and removed my own pants. “You don’t happen to have a condom or lobe do you?” I asked him. He shook his head and I turned him on his back. I had never done it with a guy before but I had read up on it a few weeks back after the camping trip. I began kissing his shoulders, then I kissed down his spine as he quivered beneath me. “Okay, Lou I’m going to go in now,” I told him as I lined myself up with him and placed my hands on his hips. I then slowly went inside him. I could tell it hurt him by the way he hissed and bit his tongue. I then began thrusting my body in him in a very slow motion. He gripped the sheets even more as more profanities and ‘I love yous’ left his mouth. Soon he was begging for more and my movement became rapid. I just focused in on his back as I moved in and out of him. The moon shined down on his back so I could see the bruises on it that I didn’t make. With his small body underneath me, I realized how petite he was. He was so small and fragile yet he was the strongest person I’d ever met. Soon he came and I collapsed above him. I planted a kiss in between his shoulder blades then carefully moved myself out of him and laid myself beside him. He turned on his side and rested his head on my chest. I kissed his hair knowing I had never loved anyone more in that moment. He was absolutely beautiful inside and out. He was different and unique and magnificent. And I hoped that one day, I could be as strong as him. He was a true individual. He didn’t copy off of anyone else, if anything people copied off of him. He strives to be himself while people stive to be more like him. He was the one person in the world that wasn’t trying to be a copy of everyone else. He was the only person in the world that hadn’t let the darkness of the world ruin him nor his perspective on the world. I wondered how someone who had faced so much pain could be so strong. I came with the only answer that made sense; he just kept moving. He never once stopped to feel bad for himself or reflect on the bad nor past. He appreciated all that had happened, the good and bad because it had made him into the man he is today. He had been shaped by his mistakes and made an effort to fix them. I decided then that he had to be the one to make it through out of the two of us, not because I wouldn’t want to live without him but because he deserved to live more than I did, because he would find a way to get over this.