Chapter XI: Abase

I dreamed of him again last night. Only this time the dream wasn't a nightmare, but rather heated. It consisted of Louis and I making out on a bed that had I not woken up soon would of escalated to not just making out if you know what I mean. Louis and I are going to the beach today. Its been another long week at work and we both thought it'd be nice to relax. Gemma and her boyfriend found a house and are in the process of buying it. I'm going to miss her when she moves out, I'm sure I'll see her often but it'll be weird not seeing her in the house everyday or eating across from her at the table. I was sitting in the family room waiting for Louis to pick me up. My dad hasn't brought up the whole dating situation all week. I'm not mad at him. How could I be? All he wants is for his son to find his soulmate. But maybe he was trying too hard, in fact he was more into me finding someone than myself. Then again I did find someone, it just wasn't going to work out. The doorbell rang twice and I got up, opening the door to reveal Louis. A smile grew onto each of our faces as we made eye contact. Louis made me happy. Very happy. Probably too happy. We hopped into his car, buckling up. He turned the radio on slightly, it was on some christian gospel station. I chuckled as I sent him a wired glance. Although, he was a pastor's son he was not the type to be jamming out to music about jesus.

"I was driving with my dad the other day and he forced me to listen to this shit," he explained as we drove in the road. You would never guess that he was the pastor's son just by looking at him. It's not that he was a bad boy, he was far from one. He's spontaneous, brave, and advantageous. We pulled up to the beach, unpacking the car. The beach was surprisingly empty today. There was less than five people there. We went in the water first. We plunged into the water together holding hands, jumping in from a mountain of sand. When I lept into the water I felt myself falling in more ways than one. Heat was riveting from our hands and I knew I was falling for the silly boy with a mop of hair and stunning eyes. When I landed in that water with our hands still intact, I knew it was more than just a crush. I swam up to be met by blue eyes that matched the sky around us. We panted for breath.

I was suddenly scared that I would lose him if he ever found out. And even though I had only known him for two months now, I wouldn't be able to live without out him. I instantly pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his back. He was caught off guard at first but then hugged back fondly.

"Can you promise me something?" I asked as I pulled him even closer if that was humanly possible.

"Yeah, anything," he said softly resting his chin on my shoulder. Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I blinked them away.

"Promise me that you'll never leave me, no matter what happens," I stated my heart pounding in my chest. He pulled me even closer to him and rubbed my hand with his hand.

"I'll never in a million years leave you, Hazza," he told me in an angelic voice. Had I not been so frightened I probably would have made a move to kiss him. But I didn't. I wasn't as fearless as him. Someday though, I wish to be as brave as him. He pulled back from the hug letting his eyes search mine. He smiled at me and a smile reflected back on my own face. I wanted to see that smile everyday if possible.

"C'mon Haz, let's go swimming," he said as he swam away, purposely splashing me in doing so. I swim after him, splashing him as I swim. He kicked his legs obnoxiously, getting water in my face. I swam under water and found him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, then reluctantly let go with one hand, using it to dunk his head under water. I didn't keep him under long, I liked him too much. He came back up to the surface, I still had a hand lingering on his waist, he made no move to pull away so I kept it there. He chuckled with a smirk on his face. He then dunked me under the water for a moment. I gasped for breath, struggling against him under the water. I then suddenly without thought, wrapped both of my arms around his waist. He let go of my head and I rose to the surface, still keeping my arms wrapped around him.