Chapter 04 - The 18 years.

Friday, October 29, 1971.

Helena arrives at the pub, which her father is a partner, in style. She is wearing a full-dress dark blue dress that reaches the knee and wearing low shoe. Her straight black hair is loose and she wears a flowerhead band on her head. She has a fuller makeup, highlighting her green eyes. Helena turned 18, the day before and the night before, she dined with her parents at an Italian restaurant that she likes very much and tonight will be celebrating her birthday with her friends. The pub was only closed for her birthday and the band will be in honor of her. Roger, will be with the band, reluctantly, because, there is no other way. He also can not refuse a request from Helena, otherwise it would disrupt the band's performances in the pub and they earn a decent money at every performance and still release the band and that they are recording the band's first album. Roger was thinking first of all about the band, because he did not want to hurt himself either. But the relationship with Helena is increasingly unsustainable. In college, Helena and Roger argue almost every day, at break time, or when they are leaving class.College teachers have already said that Helena and Roger are already emerging as the smartest first-year students, they already know the implications of each other, but they do not understand the reason and they want to find out why.

As soon as she entered the pub with Ryan and Alicia, Helena saw her other high school friends, Kevin and Lucy, and greeted them cheerfully. Then she saw on another table Mary, Chrissy, Veronica and Clare, Roger's younger sister. She had also invited Tim Staffell, a friend of the boys. Helena also invited a few more college classmates that she has already made friends with. There were still young people who are the children of the friends of her parents, who she also has friendship with. In all, it had about fifty people. Freddie, Roger, Brian and John, were on stage, finishing the sound.

"Josephine did not come, still good. I did not want that witch to celebrate my eighteen years, "Helena said, smiling.

"My brother was angry because you prevented Josephine from entering. Roger is only here, because he does not want to hurt the band, but, you know what, Lena: I loved that she was not invited and that you forbade her from entering the pub. The way she is, she could come here as she penetrates. "She smiled.

"If she came in like that, she'd ask the security guards to get her out of here, anyway, what would she do here, if she did not like me?" - Said Helena sitting next to Clare - As for your brother, I know he's only about the band, his brother and I hate each other.

"Situation by the way got worse, after you became classmates, I'm imagining them both in college," Clare smiled.

"Your brother is an embarrassment, an inconvenience, but I'm learning to deal with him, very well." Helena smiled, taking her juice.

Helena's parents had arranged for a food and drink buffet in the pub at Helena's request. After the boys finished passing the sound, they went to the same table that their respective girlfriends were. Since Josephine was not present, Roger was flirting with a few college classmates Helena had invited.

"Besides, he's a womanizer, he can not be born again. Sorry to say all this, Clare, but, your brother is a heartless fucking - Helena said laughing wryly. "I doubt that one day your brother will love some real woman, he is egocentric, he only thinks of him.

"Roger is a womanizer, since he was sixteen, when we were still living in Truro, he's had disappointments of love." Clare said unwillingly and put her hand to her mouth and Helena liked the information.

"Seriously, did your brother, the stallion, a womanizer, ever have had disappointment in love?" You're joking , Clare, "Helena smiled.

"I'm serious, Lena, and he suffered too much. Roger was betrayed twice by old girlfriends, "Clare said. "For God's sake, do not talk about it to him, I told you." I trust you to keep this secret.