Chapter 28 - Clarifications - Final part.

"Come on, tell me all about the goddamn sect and what they made you do, to see if I believe your tattered excuse," Roger said, looking at Helena in anger and disappointment. "You will not fool me with that angelic little face , Helena.

Helena took a deep breath and looked at Roger before she spoke.

"Remember Friday, November 3, when I was stranger after class, in college?" Helena asked, looking at Roger.

"Of course I remember, damn it," he said a little more annoyed, punching the wall. "I remember, perfectly, Helena, when you were already stranger to me and it hurts me deeply. You deceived me as to your friendship. What you want after all? Torture me even more?

"Stop it, Rog," Helena said, calling him by her nickname. "Can you hear me and draw your own conclusions then, but after you listen to me?" Is it too much to ask?

"Keep going," Roger said, leaning against the door, rubbing his hand over his face, wanting to cry.

- On that fateful November 3, at the time of the college break, I went to the bathroom and when I got there it was full, but when I was leaving the bathroom, to wash my hands there was only me, it was when two people came in with the face covered and grabbed me and carried me back into the bathroom. One of the people covered my mouth and the other person handed me a letter with the symbol of the sect and asked me to read it and still said that if I yelled, they would cut my neck right there. Then the other person who covered my mouth, put the stylus around the neck - Helena said sad and nervous as she told everything.

Roger, who once had an expression of anger toward Helen, now looked surprised.

"So I took the letter with the symbol of the sect and told it to move away from you, because we could not be friends, they did not accept that two fellows like us were friends, because we were a great threat to the sect and because the president of the sect is in love with me and he does not accept our friendship - Said Helena looking at Roger sadly - In the letter still said that if we were still friends, they would do something with you, maybe sabotage your car or until then, really take your life. So they forced me to promise that I would do anything to humiliate you and lose your friendship so they would not kill me either.

Roger looked at Helena and ran a hand over his face in a tone of disgust.

"That's why on that day, when I left college, I was already strange to you, because I did not know what to do. So on Saturday, throughout the day, I wrote the college newspaper article, smearing your image so you were angry with me, and on Sunday I took the article to the college's small print shop and they wrote what I had written. I'm sorry, Roger for exposing him so vilely, and then when I learned of his horrible accident, I felt a great remorse and the sect still sent me a letter of thanks. I had never been afraid of the sect before, but from the moment they threatened you, I was shocked, so afraid. I was even more afraid when I heard about your car accident. I realized how much you got out of college, the day I humiliated you with the newspaper article, that many of you laughed at me and that you called me a heartless bitch, that hurt me deeply - Said Helena looking at Roger with tears in her eyes They kept falling - Actually, it still hurts. I never thought you would talk to me that way, I understand your revolt and pain, the reason why you said it, but, it hurts a lot and today you repeated the same sentence.

Roger had listened to everything Helen had said and sat down on the floor of her room, her head lowered and shortly afterwards, he dropped a few tears on her face and looked helplessly back at Helena.

"Why did not you manage to tell me they'd threatened you?" Why did not you tell me about the weekend, Helena? Roger said irritably. "You omitted that to me.

"Of course I omitted," Helena said angrily. "If I told you, surely, they would know and would follow you, and surely they would kill you and I would never bear that loss, this pain.

"They could even try to kill me, Helena, but you would tell me." Gee, we were friends, you should have trusted me, to help fight this goddamn sect, "said Roger disgusted.

"I'm sorry, but I would not give Roger," Helena said, crying. "I had to fake indifference to you, which I used. When I talked to Kraus, saying that I had written an article for you, I asked him to confirm that we had made a bet, because I wanted to humiliate you, but, Kraus does not know about the threat of the sect, I just told him that he did not want to be his friend, that I had pretended.

"And by the way, Kraus hates me, does not he?" Well, he helped you in that damn lie, which hurt me a lot. "Roger lowered his head and then looked at Helena in pain.

"Yes, Kraus hates you," Helena said, crying. "He will never know about the sect in this story." The less people know, the better.

Roger remained silent for a few moments, and Helena was looking at him, for she was anxious for him to forgive her for everything.

"Everything you said to me, in the damn magazine you wrote, stayed in my mind and in my heart, it was too cruel for me, to remember everything you wrote, Helena," said Roger looking sadly, "that's why I lost the control of the car. I ran away from hitting the back of a vehicle, but I lost control because I was driving too fast and hit the post hard, thinking of you, the false friendship, everything you said to me that hurt at that moment and for everything he wrote for me, in the college newspaper.

"I'm sorry," Helena said, looking up at him from the bed and toward him who was sitting on the floor, leaning against the door.

Helena sat down beside him and looked deeply into her beautiful sky-blue eyes.

"If you had died in this damn car accident, I would never forgive myself, I think I would go mad, because I would know that I would be the one to blame, no one else," Helena said, looking at Roger. "Thank God you're here, only with a few scratches.

"But my heart is bruised, Helen," Roger said, looking at her. "Now I know everything that really happened, but you did not trust me to tell about the sect and the menace they did.

"Roger, for God's sake, I told you I was scared, FEAR!" For the first time, I felt a great fear of them doing something to you, understand this, for God's sake - Helena said imploringly - It is not a question of trust, therefore, I trust you.

"It's not what it looks like," said the upset blonde. "If we were friends, you should trust me for any problems that come up, for us to work together , but, you always wanted to work it out for yourself.

Helena looked at him in disbelief. Even after explaining everything, Roger was still hurt with her.

"Then you will not forgive me, will you?" "Will not we be friends again?" Answer me, Roger. We could pretend we hated each other, the sect suspect nothing, but, we could be friends out of college, until things calm down, but by the way you will not forgive me, will you?

Roger was hurt, as much as he understood Helena's point of view, he felt betrayed that she had not trusted him. Roger remained silent, without saying anything. Then Helena got up and looked at Roger with contempt, while the blonde sat still, leaning against the door.

"Get out of my way," she said bitterly. "There's nothing more to do here. I told you everything that had to be said.

Roger stood up looking sadly at the brunette. Helena then pulled the silver chain with the symbol of infinity and her name and Roger written with the phrase of friendship.

As she pulled the chain tightly around her neck, she broke and Helena threw her to the floor of Roger's room.

"That's how I feel, like this broken chain," Helena said wryly. "Good luck in your life, Roger.

The brunette came out like a rocket through the blonde's apartment, not caring about John and Veronica who called the brunette desperately.

John and Veronica went to Roger's room and found the blonde crying and the couple hugged their friend, who cried like a child.

To be continued.