Chapter 32 - Marquee Club

Wednesday, December 20, 1972.

Marquee Club was with a thousand people, who watched crowded the presentation of QUEEN that night. The band's performance had been reported at Imperial College, King's College, Chelsea College, as well as pubs where the band performed, including at the pub where Helena's father, Carlos is a partner. Speaking of Helena, the brunette would take photos of the band's performance and smile for the opportunity and earn some good money from Trident Studios. QUEEN performed at the Marquee Club for an hour and a half and was very well applauded.

"Thank you, dear ones, thank you all for the presence and we wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas," said Freddie.

Gradually the thousand people were leaving the Marquee Club and Helena as well as the others, stayed in the place. She showed the photos she had taken during the boys' presentation.Freddie, Brian and John were delighted with the photos Helena took.

"You're an excellent professional, my dear." Freddie smiled.

"Thank you," Helena smiled.

Roger was just silent and after Helena showed the pictures, she went to meet Roger's friends from Truro: Sue and Pattie Johnson. And they both smiled at the sight of Helen.

"Roger will one day fall in love with you, because you're the kind of girl he would date and he'd take you out for dinner tonight," Pattie smiled.

"You're very beautiful, girl," Sue smiled.

"Thank you." Helena smiled.

"And welcome the QUEEN fan club presidency, alongside Clare, Sue and me," Pattie said.

After the band's presentation, everyone took pictures with the boys and then Helena watched Roger arguing with Josephine on the other side.

"Your brother keeps arguing with Josephine, and she does not give up either," Helena told Clare.

"My brother will have a surprise and you 'll see, just wait," Clare smiled.

Shortly after, Roger begins to talk with Alan and looks towards Helena and the brunette realized that Josephine had left the great dressing room and was gone.

- What's going on here? Helena asked, looking at Clare and Pamela.

At that moment, Roger approaches the girls.

"Can we talk civilly, Helen, without provocation?" Roger asked.

"Yes," Helena said simply, and Roger pulled her arm gently, and they walked into an empty room behind the backstage of the Marquee Club.

Roger had just pressed the door closer and looked at Helena.

- What do you want here? Talk to me? To say how much he hates me and that he will never forgive me again because I was a coward for having omitted everything. - Helena said irritably - I'm leaving here now, after all, I do not want to be near you, a second more.

But Roger held the brunette's arm.

"You stay," said the convicted blond.

"I want to leave, can you let me go?" - Helena said irritated.

"Shut up, you naughty girl, beautiful, arrogant, arrogant, now you will hear me," Roger said, holding her tight.

"Let me go, please," Helena said without success.

At that moment Roger took the silver chain neatly out of his pants pocket and showed Helena.

"What do you do with this chain?" I broke it and threw it into her room, never to use it again, after all it was broken, "Helena said.

"But I took it to pack," Roger said, looking at Helena sadly.

"I know, and then sell more expensive, in a pawn shop. Helena smiled at Roger.

"Enough talking about bullshit, girl," Roger said irritably, putting the silver chain with the symbol of the infinite and their names inside him again on Helena's neck.

Helena had tears in her eyes.

- What does all this mean? She asked, crying.

"I forgive you, Lena," Roger said with tears in his eyes. "I miss you, I miss our conversations, our complicity. Please forgive me too, I should have forgiven her before, but my wounded pride spoke louder. I know that in the end you just wanted to protect me, Lena. And I was blinded with rage, because I thought you should have trusted me, talked to me to face the sect, together.

"I was afraid to say something, precisely because of the sect," Helena said, staring at him with tears in her eyes. "I did not want anything bad to happen to you, Roger, I'm afraid something's going to happen to the people I love and this sect is dangerous."

"I know how dangerous she is and we can fight her together, what do you think?" I know the damned sect president is in love with you and this deeply irritated me, "Roger said." But together we can fight the sect, Lena. As soon as classes return, we'll pretend we hate each other, but we'll be friends out of college until everything calms down and they forget us. Please, Lena, can you forgive me?

Helena was already crying, in Roger's words. She never thought he'd come to her, apologize to her, and still understand each other.

"Of course I forgive you, because I can not be without your friendship either, and I can not stand it when we do not." And from now on I promise you, Rog that we will work together, to conquer the sect. - Helena said.

Rog smiled at her and hugged her tightly and they both cried together and Roger kissed Helena's face and kissed her head as well and Helena did the same with Roger.

Clare, Roger's sister saw the whole scene and smiled, after all, the girl already knew that the two would understand. She quickly left, so they did not realize she was there.

"I could not fight you anymore, Lena, I could not handle it," Roger said. "It was painful for me, the elections, we fought over Fairy Cake, for everything. Let's leave it all behind, to the past.From today, we will be friends again and it will not be the sect that will bring us down and cause us to lose friendship again, Lena, because from now on, we will work together.

Roger lay on Helena's lap while they were on a couch that was me another room. Helena caressed his hair.

"I promise I'll never leave you again and you will not turn away from me either, Rog," Helena said with tears in her eyes.

"Never," Roger said, looking at her.

PS: Will they be able to keep the friendship away from the sect?

To be continued.