Chapter 09 - The Watermelon

During the holidays, Helena traveled with her parents to Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil. After the Christmas holidays, Helena still traveled with her cousins ​​to beaches around Brazil. She took full advantage of the January vacation, which is summer in Brazil. Helena and her parents returned to London at the beginning of February and she came back brunet.

During January and the first half of February, Freddie, Brian, Roger and John recorded the band's first album at Trident Studios. They still did not know what the name of the first Queen album they would choose. They took the holidays from Brian's college, Roger and John, who was studying Electronic Engineering at Chelsea College to record . Roger during this time was also only with his girlfriend Josephine. He only paid attention to her, however, as soon as classes started, he would be back with other girls. And classes at Imperial College returned on February 21st. Alan returned to talk to Roger, for him to elaborate a challenge, so that he can be part of the Taylor gang. Helena asked Alan not to get involved with Roger's group, because everyone is immature and does not care about a cause.

Helena was invited by Freddie, Brian and John to take pictures of Queen's upcoming Queen's shows at King's College on March 10 and at a staff party at Forest Hill Hospital on March 24th and Helena accepted. The boys said that Trident Studios would pay her, a sum of money for the photos. Roger was against her taking pictures of the band, but most of them won and Trident wanted the girl's work, too. Helena was still invited to work as a photographer for a music magazine whenever they needed it. Helena, although studying Biology, also stands out as a photographer. The young woman while not finding work in the area of ​​Biology, is making money from photography.

The days passed quickly ...

Thursday, March 9, 1972.

The day before, Brian and Roger had talked to the Imperial College Rectory, asking permission for the band to perform in front of the Institution after class closing, to announce their performance at King's College on Friday, and the Institution said that they could introduce themselves, but at least for half an hour so as not to disturb the traffic. So, Freddie, Brian, Roger and John arranged along with Trident Studios, a small truck that would use i am as an electric trio for the band to perform. On Thursday, after closing another day of classes at Imperial College, Brian and Roger left the institution and went to meet Freddie and John, who were already waiting for them with the trio electric truck and all the musical instruments were already mounted. Then the band got on the trio electric truck. The young students of Imperial College as they left the Institution were already around the electric trio. Freddie picked up the microphone smiling and said,

- Good afternoon my dears. As most of you know, tomorrow at eight o'clock, Queen will perform at King's College, auditorium number four. In the auditorium the capacity is for three hundred people. The boys and I have sold half the tickets so far. There are one hundred and fifty tickets to be sold and I hope we can sell after our short presentation of half an hour we'll do hereright now to spread our presentation tomorrow and QUEEN is recording the first album. We count on your presence, dear ones.

Everyone shouted and clapped. Helena smiled and was with the other students, however, she was very close to the trio, taking pictures of the guys' presentation and then sending them toTrident Studios. Next to her was her classmate Vivian, who was also enjoying the boys' sound and jumping along with the other students. Around the electric trio were many animated students, who sang Queen's songs like Keep Yourself Alive, Liar and The Night Comes Down. The band also sang Jailhouse Rock cover and Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll song, as well as The Beatles' Come Together . Everyone was paying attention to the band's presentation , impressed by the talent of the guys. Helena took the photos and was delighted because she saw great talent in the band and that they deserve as soon as they succeed. She took pictures of all the boys, including Roger himself as well, playing his drums and the blonde staring at him intently. Helena had already realized how beautiful the picture was.