You're Such A Tease

I spent most of Saturday lying in Frank’s bed recovering from the night before. I woke up and attempted to eat some breakfast but my stomach was still pretty queasy from spending the majority of my night throwing up. After choking down some toast and orange juice I crawled back into bed, wanting to sleep off my hang over just a little more. Frank was pretty amused with me but still understood. He said he was going to go to Gerard’s to see how he faired the night and most likely help clean up. I nodded and drifted back into much needed sleep.

When I awoke for the second time, there was no sign of Frank in his room. I reached over to the bedside table and grabbed my phone. Holy shit, it’s almost four in the afternoon! I groaned and rolled out of bed feeling lazy as ever. I shuffled out of his room and down the hall to the bathroom. I flicked on the light and squinted from the sudden brightness as I shut the door and locked it and made my way to the bath tub. I turned on the hot water and let it run for a second. I flipped through my phone until I came to Frank’s name. I pressed the call button and waited for him to pick up as it rang through. Eventually it went to voice mail. I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it, concerned as I hit end. I went back to his name and hit text.

“Hey, where are you at? I’m finally up now. I hope it’s cool that I’m taking a bath :/”

I hit send before setting my phone on the edge of the sink. I stripped down and stepped into the now hot water, letting it wash over my sticky skin. I was finally starting to feel normal again. I wasn’t sure how Frank’s dad would feel if I soaked in the tub for a while, so I made sure to keep it under my normal time. I drained the tub much too early for my taste as I grabbed a towel off the rack and began to dry myself off, being sure to keep my cast dry. I grabbed my phone and clothes off the floor and wrapped the towel around me as I made my way out of the bathroom and back down the hall to Frank’s room. I didn’t run into Frank’s dad either. He must be at work. I threw open the door to Frank’s room and had to stifle a scream. Frank was standing on the other side of the door, getting ready to pull it open.

“Holy shit, when did you get here?” I asked trying to slow my heart rate.

“Just a minute ago. I was wondering where you were.”

“I’ve been trying to get a hold of you. Did you not get my text?”

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and cocked his head to the side. “Oh … I guess not. Sorry.”

I sighed and shook my head. I was going to ask Frank what took so long when I noticed he was staring at me. Not just me, but … me. I looked down and realized I was still wrapped in a towel. I blushed a fierce shade of red and tightened my hold on the material. He just looked up at me and smiled.

“Are you just going to put your uniform back on?”

“Well … I-I mean it’s all I have here.”

“Here.” He reached past me and I froze for a moment as he pushed the door shut. I waited for him to tackle me again like yesterday but nothing happened. I watched as he walked over and flopped on the bed, grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. I stared at him, unsure, still not wanting to move from my spot. He glanced over at me casually. “You can change. I won’t look and I don’t think my dad is here, but just in case keep the door shut. Then I’ll take you to your parents to get your stuff.” He didn’t wait before turning his attention back to the TV. This had to be a trick. I’m standing here, practically naked, and he doesn’t care? I walked over near his closet and sat my close on the floor, not taking my eyes off of him. He didn’t even flinch.

“What’s the catch?”

“Hmm?” He didn’t look away from the screen. I huffed.

“So … you’re not even bothered by this at all.”