.12

warnings: attempt of suicide
keith .
___

keith decided to wait until later to check up on lance. he wasn't answering his texts and it was a bit earlier in the morning. so he might've just been asleep.

it was around one in the afternoon, keith had tried to get ahold of lance. nothing.

he went to lance's room and knocked on the door. nothing. he called lance's name. nothing.

god no. what if lance...

what if lance was..

keith ran to his room and grabbed a bobby pin to open lances door.

he opened it to see a note, and pills everywhere. lance was still breathing, barley.

"lance..?!" keith cried, no answer.

"lance!" keith screamed, shaking him. he was loosing breath.

keith quickly grabbed out his phone and called the ambulance. crying a ton.

god, why did he have to ignore it?!

***

about an hour later, lance was hooked up to a machine making sure he was alive. keith was freaking out. he wasn't allowed sitting in the room with him, because the doctors wouldn't allow him.

keith was heaving, tears soaking up his cheeks. he had by now texted all of his friends about lance's attempt of death, they were all freaking the shit out.

a girl around his age was sitting beside him, looking as if she was about to confront him. she had reddish-purplish hair and it was short and curly.

"hey, hey. it's going to be okay, your friend there is still alive. he's going to be alive, nothing's going to stop that." she said, rubbing keith's back soothingly.

keith smiled at the girl, "t-thank you." he whispered before she pulled him into a hug. "the name's sadie." sadie said, pulling away.

"keith." he replied, wiping his eyes. "if i could ask, why are you in here?" keith asked.

"ah, almost the same as you. my girlfriend, julianna has bipolar. and she was threatening to do a lot of harmful things to herself. so i brought her here. she's currently being treated on." sadie said, adjusting her hoodie.

keith frowned, "i'm sorry to hear that. i hope she gets better." keith said. "you too, your buddy. i'm sorry about him." sadie replied.

the conversation ended there, your phone immediately started to buzz with messages from close friends.

pidgeon
update on lance. is he okay? god i wish i could fly home rn

princess bitch
ugh me too. shiro and i might end our trip early to come and check up on you guys.

hOnk
^

mullet
ah god idk. they aren't letting me see him. they've sated that he's going to be here for a few days. i can see him once he wakes up. he tried to overdose.

pidegon
oh my god. why didn't he text me? why didn't he text any of us? god i care about him too much. i wanna come home and see him

dad
don't we all though?

mullet
keep your trips your length. it's fine guys. i'll make sure he's doing okay. once he is out of the hospital he's staying with me. idgaf on what he says.

hOnk
tell him to text us. were worried.

mullet
i am too guys. i'll update you.

***

its been a few days and lance still hasn't been let out. keith had seen him a couple of times but not for long. he kept crying and telling keith that he didn't want him to see him like this.

keith stayed at the hospital, he slept on the chairs. sadie was still there. the two of them had became friends. they exchanged numbers and chatted when sadie wasn't in the hospital. weird places where you can make friendships.

sadie was really good at advice, she helped keith out whenever he was upset about lance and she reassured him that lance was going to be okay. he really appreciated sadie's presence.

if sadie wasn't there keith would be lost. he shared sadie's advice with the rest of his friends who were freaking out.

the next few days were quiet, keith texted sadie regularly to just chat with her.

lance was finally starting to open up and let keith in, it always ended up with him crying.. but he was getting there.

lance hadn't left his room yet, he hadn't explored the hospital. he wasn't questioned yet, not that keith knew of.

keith was scared. more like keith was terrified.

was lance going to be okay?

___

if you have ever thought of suicide, please don't. theres so much in the world to love. your friends, your family, your pet. the prettiest flowers in your neighbourhood, the small lakes in your town. the shining windows of houses that you pass on the way to school or work. little things.

please talk to someone. it'll help a lot. don't keep it in.

i love you.

stay strong.