.10

lance .
___

that text stuck with him.

" princess bitch
who said he already isn't? "

what if keith did like him? what would happen if lance just confessed right here, right now?

no.

that's not happening. he still has another week. he doesn't want to do it too soon. he doesn't want to do it too late.

he'll know. when the time is right, he'll confess.

just... not now.

he wasn't ready. because of what happened on tuesday, he wasn't ready.

it was later in the evening, lance was scrolling through some social media posts before he got a text from keith.

mullet
stop apologizing and ignoring me, would you? i know emotions can get the best of you, because they can get the best of all of us. but come on man. don't ignore me. i'm here for you. and don't be sorry too. let's just.. hey! theres another anime i've been wanting to watch, haikyuu!! ?

mcmemes
heard of that one too. i'll be over in a bit. want mcdonalds?

mullet
can i come??

mcmemes
be out of ur room in five

mullet
k

lance sighed, taking off his large sweater before changing into his signature shirt and jacket along with a pair of jeans.

***

"are we going in or not?" lance asked, turning into the plaza filled with grocery stores and small shops.

"we can go in." keith replied quietly, staring out of the window. he seemed to be eyeing the dollar store.

they went into the mcdonalds, to see sam and adrien working their asses off again.

"do you two have two jobs?" lance asked as he walked up to the counter to be greeted by adrien. this hair rule didn't seem to apply to him.

"three." adrien said, "sam has four." he sighed, "she over works herself." he shook his head, "what can i get for you?"

lance and keith placed in their orders and they had to wait a bit.

lance greeted sam when she gave them their orders, "how on earth do you have four jobs?" lance asked after thanking her for the food.

"ah, well theres tims, i work night shifts. i rarely do day shifts. then theres mcdonalds, i normally work day time and after school, sometimes i work nighttime. its weird. i'm a lifeguard at the local community centre on weekends. and then i volunteer at the animal shelter whenever i have free time." sam shrugged, adjusting her glasses.

"jesus, sam!" lance said, "thank you for the food." he smiled.

lance and keith began to eat their mcdonalds, "sleepover?" lance asked.

"yeah. high school musical marathon?" keith asked, smiling softly. guess there was no haikyuu!! marathon tonight.

lance nearly cried, keith always knew how to make him feel better. cheesy musicals.

***

lance and keith wound up in keith's bedroom cuddled up in blankets halfway through high school musical one.

the two of them were inching towards each other before both of their heads rested on each others.

it had been a few hours and another high school musical, they were on the third movie.

keith and lance's eyes were slowly opening and slowly closing. the two boys were falling asleep on each other.

___

just a warning

in the next few chapters

honestly don't know when

but its gonna become a doozy

so get ya tissues