Oranges and Apples

"Hey Tom?" Tom reluctantly turned to Edd, smiling like a dork "Yes Edd?" Clearly teasing him, he turned his full body to face Edd, curious to what he wanted to say.
"I think- I like Matt" Edd blushed lightly, his cheeks pink, blending with the soft and tanned skin he somehow still managed to hang onto after all the years he lived in cold and rainy weather.

"I knew it!" Tom started laughing, almost choking on his food. He patted his chest harshly, calming down, his gaze turning back up to a worried and irritated Edd- "What's so funny?" Edd huffed, flicking Tom's forehead.

"Hey! Don't get mad at me, alright? It's just.. Took you like 10 years to admit it mate" Tom sipped on his water, stealing a few glances at the nervous and blushing Edd. A sharp sigh came from the black eyed male as he sat his cup of water down, and looked at Edd. Crossing his arms and resting them on the table as he played with his own brown and soft hair.

"Look Edd, if you like Matt you should confess to him, that's how it is, you can't wait for someone to do it for you, before you run out of time or someone else takes him from you. Act quickly, life doesn't wait for people like us, take your chances. And if he doesn't like you? Who cares? Life is life, you'll find someone else, you have me and Tord to comfort you and you'll find your happily ever after or whatever that bullshit is"

Edd sighed as a small smile managed to creep it's way onto his somewhat worried and worn out face. "Yeah! You're right" Tom nodded in agreement, closing his eyes as he leaned back on the booth seating, tapping the red pillows. "I know, I'm always right, there's no doubt in that"

Edd and Tom chuckled as the server came around to them, picking up their empty plates and cups, muttering the last words they would speak to anybody else but themselves the whole night. "Anything else..?" Tom looked at Edd and they both nodded, knowing they were both parched, giving a bit more thought into their choice of drink.

"Orange Juice"

"Apple Juice"