Chapter 4 - Never Fall For Her

There is nothing on this Earth more to be prized than true friendship.
- Thomas Aquinas

Hazel's POV

I turn back just to collide into someone. "I'm sorry!" I mumble without even glancing at the person trying out my luck to escape the situation.

"Wait! Did you just apologize to me right now or was I hearing it wrong?"

The oh so familiar voice ring in my ears and I slap the person on his shoulder making him yelp.
The nerve of this guy.

"What was that for?" He yelled rubbing his arm.

"Ask yourself." With long strides I walk towards my locker and he follows me closely, easily matching my pace.

"Okay Frank, so why did you just get hit by a woman twice your age?"

He got replied with another smack from me, only this time, I made sure it hurts.

"Ouch! Will you stop hitting me!"

We reach the hallway and I see a tall figure leaning over my locker. Her curly brown hair tied into a high ponytail.

Her light brown eyes scanned the crowd as they land on me. I immediately rushed to her and she gives me a bone crushing hug.

"Okay enough, enough or else she'll be dead before paying us for lunch."

This is the third time Frank received a smack from me within the last five minutes.

"Ow, stop it! You Crazy Crocodile!"

Frank frowns at me, his mesmerizing blue eyes squinted at the moment as he examines his arm for any possible injury.

As if just slapping his arm would break his bones. I bet he didn't even feel a thing. Just being dramatic, as always.

And woah! Unlike usual, his black hair is actually combed neatly, looking decent for a change.
Sorry! Guess that's gonna change now.

I ruffle his hair messing it once again. His hair now sticking out in every direction.

He starts shaking his head wildly. "I knew this was going to happen. I shouldn't even have bothered to fix it. You know it took me ten minutes to get that perfect hairstyle." He exclaimed dramatically, emphasizing the amount of time it took him.

Next to me Amaya as usual just rolled her eyes at us. "What are you both ten?"

I see a group of girls staring at us... more like Frank, to be specific. They look like hyperactive fangirls gushing over his looks.

I narrow my eyes, giving them a deathly glare and they immediately scatter away.

God! I really hate this place.

I won't even be able to tolerate being here, if not for my best friends, Frank and Amaya.

I love them so much.
Even though Frank can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Most of the time actually.

We three have been besties for more than a decade. Amaya and I became friends in elementary school and I knew Frank since childhood as his family and mine are well acquainted.

We always spent time together. I never got socialized apart from them. To be honest, they are the only ones who can tolerate me.

"So which is your first lecture? Mine is English" I ask them happily cause, english is my favourite subject. "Mine too." Amaya says. "Same here." Frank smirked.