Chapter 78: Birthday Dinner

Adriana couldn't get out of there fast enough. On her way out of the property she was a car pulling in. A car which she was sure Chubbs and Sandi where in. She drove past them and turned up the radio trying to drain out all the thoughts that were going through her mind. She didn't want to think about it right now because if she thought about it she was going to get sad and she'd be damned if she cried over a man that wasn't even hers to being with. She put herself in this situation so she was going to put on her big girl panties and suck it up. Mind you, had Drake told her he and Rihanna actually were dating she wouldn't have gotten herself in that situation in the first place.

As she walked into her studio she began setting up for her session. When she was finished she looked at her watch and saw she still had a little under an hour before her client showed up. Typically she would have walked to the little cafe on the corner to pick up something to eat but at the moment she wasn't hungry. If she was honest with herself, she was upset and hurt. But she couldn't give into those emotions. She picked up her phone and cleared the missed calls. She didn't have to check them to know who they were from. She unlocked her phone and went to her photo gallery opening up the photo she took with Rihanna. She wasn't gonna lie, it was a cute picture. She opened up her instagram to post the picture. She sat there and thought of a caption satisfied when she finally thought of one.

adriana_marie86 "Even angels have their wicked schemes, and you take that to new extremes. But you'll always be my hero, even though you've lost your mind." 🎶 It's not every day I get to meet one of the baddest @badgalriri. #LoveTheWayYouLie

She wasn't lying when she told Rihanna she'd been listening to her from the beginning. She was definitely a fan. Her page was still private and she knew Rihanna wasn't going to see the post but it wasn't for her to see anyway. Her petty was currently at an all time high. You needed only to know the situation and peep the song quote and the hashtag to know who the post was directed to. Exiting Instagram she opened up her text messages. She had three messages. One from Tori, one from Chris and the last one of course, from Drake. She opened Tori's first.

Victoria Gomez:
I can't wait to see you tonight bitch! I'll meet you there because I'm going to be with Chubbs most of the day. I'm getting ready to go see him now. Love you! 😘

Not wanting to discuss this mornings events with anyone yet she decided to give a reply that wouldn't say whether she was or wasn't going.

Oh course you'll be with Chubbs. You two are so cute it makes me sick! 😂 I love you too babe! 😘 I'm about to do a photoshoot so I'll talk to you later.

She wondered if Rihanna would still be there when Tori got there. She also wondered if Chubbs was aware of what was going on. He had to, he was after all like a brother to Drake. She sighed and went back to her messages opening the one from Chris.

Chris Davis:
Good morning Dri! Just checking in on you to see how you're doing. We should do dinner soon.

In this moment she was so thankful she had mended her relationship with Chris. He had been the only constant person in her life aside from her family. Ending such a long friendship over what she had been mad at him about was so stupid.

Of course Chris. I miss you. You should come over for dinner tomorrow. The kids haven't seen you in a while. I'm sure they'll love that.

She exited out of that message and went to the one with Drake's name on it debating a on weather or not she was gonna open it.

Aubrey Graham:
Dri, we need to talk. It's not what you think.