Chapter 81: La Familia (The Family)

OH MY GOD!" Ben screamed after he opened the front door and saw Drake standing there.

Adriana appeared behind him looking worried. "Benny what's wrong baby?" She asked before looking up to see who was at the door. "Oh." Was all she said when she saw him standing there.

"Tia, Drake is here!!" He turned and looked at her with an excited smile on his face.

"A little birdie told me it was a special someone's birthday." He handed Ben a gift bag. "This is for you man. Happy Birthday."

Ben accepted the gift with a smile. "Thank you. Oh my God I can't believe you're here!" He turned to face Adriana who was smiling so hard now. "Tia you did this?"

"She did." Drake interrupted. "This was all here idea."

Ben looked back at Drake. "This is amazing! Please, come in." He stepped back and turned around to hug Adriana. "Thank you Tia! You're the best! My friends aren't going to believe this!"

"Anything for you baby." She smiled and hugged him back. "Can you give us a minute?"

Ben nodded his head but looked back at Drake. "Can we take a picture later?"

"Of course." Drake said. He hadn't stepped in yet. He looked at Adriana and gave her a sad smile. Before she had the chance to ask him why he was there he stepped to the side revealing his Mom standing behind him. The look on Adriana's face told him that whatever she had planned on saying to him before seeing Sandi, she was no longer going to say. Sandi's presence was a game changer and he was glad he'd chosen to bring her along.

"Mom, this is Adriana. Adriana, my Mom, Sandi Graham."

Adriana smiled at Sandi as she stepped inside. "I'm happy to finally be meeting you." Sandi told her as she opened her arms for a hug. Adriana didn't hesitate, she stepped into her arms and hugged her.

"I'm happy to meet you as well."

Drake stepped inside and just as Adriana was about to close the door Tori appeared with Chubbs by her side. Adriana raised an eyebrow at her as she let them in. "You and I are going to talk later."

"I know, I know." Tori said.

Adriana shook her head and smiled giving her best friend a hug. Then she turned to Chubbs. "Hey Chubbs. Good to see you again." She stepped up to hug him. While he had been the one to help her set everything up for her surprise for Drake, she hadn't seen him since the last time they were in LA."

"Good to see you too." Chubbs smiled.

"I'm feeling a little left out. Everyone got a hug but me."

Adriana looked up at Drake and shook her head but there was a smile on her face. She stepped up to him and he opened his arms for her to walk into. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. Drake was so happy to be holding her in his arms. He didn't want to let her go. She pulled away and looked up at him. "Thank you for coming Aubrey. You have no idea how much you just made his day. That means a lot to me."

He was happy to hear her calling him by his first name again. "Anything for you Dri." He said looking down at her with a softened look in his eyes. They stared at each other a moment longer than he intended to but no one said anything.

"Oh shit! Benny was telling the truth! Drizzy Drake is in the house!" A voice sounded from across the room.

Adriana stepped away from Drake and turned around laughing. "You're so dumb." She said waking towards him. "This is my annoying little brother Carlos." Her brother wrapped an arm around her and briefly hugged her. "Carlos this is, well, you already know who he is." She gestured towards Drake. "And that's Sandi, his mom, and that's Chubbs. You already know Tori."