Chapter 107: Leave

Three Months Later:

Adriana sat in her studio editing some pictures when Tori came up behind her. "Hey babe, it's lunch time. Let's go get something to eat because I'm starving."

Adriana looked up at her and laughed. "You are not starving."

"Do you see this belly I'm growing? This child is taking all my vitamins and I am starving."

Adriana laughed again. "You're so dramatic." She closed her laptop and got up. "But I do need to feed my godchild so let's go."

"Excuse me. What about your best friend?" Tori said.

"You too, I supposed. Let's go. What do you wanna eat?"

"Chinese." Tori said without hesitation.

As they sat there eating and making conversation Tori rubbered her belly and sighed in content. "The baby thanks you so much for feeding us. You have no idea how hungry we were."

Adriana giggled. "It's my pleasure. So when will you find out what you're having? Surely it's time already. Isn't it?" Adriana tried to remember how far along Tori was but she had so much going on in her head she couldn't quite peg that.

"Actually, yeah it's been time. I'm just waiting for Chubbs to be here so we can find out together. We have an appointment set for next Wednesday."

"Oh Chubbs is flying in? That's great. I can't wait to know what you're having."

"Not just Chubbs. They're all flying in. Didn't Drake tell you?"

Adriana moved her food around on her plate without looking at Tori. "No. I haven't talked to him."

Tori furrowed her eyebrows. "Since when? Why not? Is everything okay?"

Adriana shrugged. "I don't know Tori. But I don't actually want to talk about it. I have too much going on to allow myself to get wrapped up in that right now."

"What do you mean? I thought everything was great? What the hell happened? When's the last time you talked to him?"

"He texted me a couple days ago." She said still avoiding Tori's gaze.

Tori put her fork down and stared at Adriana. "Girl look at me."

Adriana sighed and looked up at Victoria. "What Tori? What do you want me to say? I don't have any answers for you. Everything was great. He came to see us with Sandi a few months ago and everything was fine. We were talking every day at least twice a day but if slowly turned into once a day. Then every other day and so on. I brought it up and he said he's just busy with the album and I get that. I don't want to be that needy girlfriend."

"No! Fuck that! I don't even want to hear you making excuses for him. Yes he probably is busy but he has time to call you or at least shoot you a fucking text. That busy bullshit is for the birds and you know it babe!"

Adriana's eyes watered but she held the tears back. "Don't you think know what Tori? But what can I do? I'm here and he's there. I don't want to let my mind focus on that because if I do I'll break Tori. I can't let that happen again. I went through that with Jay and I can't do it again. I can't Tori. When I see him we will talk about it but until then I'd rather we not talk about him. Please?"

Tori nodded. "Okay babe. I'm sorry." She sighed. "Is that why you've been keeping your schedule booked so tight? So you wouldn't have time to think?"

Adriana nodded. "Partially. Business is good. I'm in high demand right now and I have to take advantage of that. I have to make my money Tori. I can't allow myself to be distracted by anything Aubrey may or may not be doing. I wanted to fly out and see him last month but he said he had a lot going on and he was going to be flying back and forth from Toronto to New York and Miami." She shrugged. "It is what it is babe."