Chapter 113: Letting Go

Desperately needing to talk about what had happened in the back of his SUV and wanting to get her back Drake now found himself standing at the front door to Adriana's condo. He'd tried to call her to get her to come back but he she didn't pick up. He texted her but his messages went unread. So here he was debating on whether or not he was going to ring the doorbell. "Fuck it!" He said and pressed the button. It was late but he knew the kids were with Jay this weekend so he didn't need to worry about waking them up. He waited but no one came to the door. He rang the doorbell again and waited. Still nothing. "Come on baby girl, open the door." He said out loud. As if that was going to make her come to the door. Then suddenly he heard footsteps approach the door and the lock turned. He was anxious to see her face again and hold her, a smile appeared on his face.

When the door opened up his heart dropped because Adriana's precious face wasn't there. It was a man he'd never seen before. An older man. "Is Dri into older men?" He thought to himself.

"Can I help you!" the man asked rubbing his eyes.

Drake looked at the number on the door as if to make sure he was at the right place and cleared his throat. "I was looking for Adriana?" He said in a questioning tone.

"Sorry man, there's no one here by that name."
Drake looked so confused. He stepped back to look down the hallway and looked back at the number on the door. "I'm assuming you're looking for the previous tenant. I just moved in a few weeks ago."

Shock was written all over his face. "Oh. Look I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to wake you I just..."

The man cut him off. "Hey, I know you, you're Drake."

Drake nodded. "Yeah. I'm sorry about knocking on your door so late. I was just looking for..." He paused unsure of how to finish that sentence.

"Adriana." The man supplied for him.

"Right." Drake said.

"Well I'm sorry man, I wish I could help you but the space was vacant for about a month before I moved in."

Drake nodded. "Thank you. Once again, I'm sorry for waking you up."

"No worries man. I hope you find your friend." He told him.

"Yeah. Me too." He said. He was grateful that the man hadn't asked for a photo or an autograph. He got on the elevator and leaned against the wall with his hands in his face. She moved. She moved and now he didn't even know where to go find her. But he knew someone that could help him. He pulled out his phone and texted Chubbs asking him to call him if he was awake. His phone rang jut as he stepped out of the elevator. "I need a favor."

"What's up dawg? I don't know if there's much I can do for you right now."

"I don't need you to go anywhere. I just.... I need you to tell me where Dri lives now." There was silence on the other end. "Dawg, I really need to know where she lives."

"I can't tell you that Aubs"

"What? Why not? Chubbs, I have to talk to her. I need...."

Chubbs cut him off. "Dawg, I can't tell you because I don't know where she lives. She wouldn't tell me because she didn't want to put me in the position I'm in now. Tori knows but she won't tell you, but you already know that."

Drake sighed. "Fuck!" He stayed silent for a second. "Is she up? Can I talk to her?"

"If you wanna get cussed out. Sure." Chubbs said.

Drake heard him whispering and then Tori's voice came through the phone. "I heard what you want and I'm not telling you a damn thing. If Adriana wanted you to know where she lived she would tell you. Did you think she was going to wait on you to get the house she wanted? Nah. See you fucked up because my girl isn't like these other little girls you're accustomed to getting involved with and leaving. She's got her own and can get her own. I've been nice to your ass for her and for Chubbs but don't get it twisted Drake. I don't like what you did to my friend and you're lucky I was pregnant when all that went down cause I would have found my way around Chubbs to beat your ass. Don't even bother tying to go find her at her old studio either because guess what? She has a new one of those too and the location is not public. So unless she wants you to know where that is, you won't know shit."