Halloween

Marinette's POV

The next morning I was feeling extremely nervous around dinner. I didn't want to face Adrien. I didn't want to see him, I don't know why. After Lila and our whole awkward "comforting" talk, and Nathanael, it was just too much. 

I made eye contact him him three or four times and every time I held his gaze. He was always the first to look away. After gaining my composition and confidence, I looked straight into his eyes and pointed-with my eyes-to the doorway, asking him to join me in my room.

He was silent for a while, but held my gaze. After about 5 seconds, I noticed the king was watching us. Adrien noticed too, and he nodded reluctantly. I never thought I would say this, but I was grateful to the king. 

After breakfast, Adrien came to my room, but his face was stone. "What did you need?" He asked.

I felt afraid and worried all over again. "I-uh..I just wanted to see you..." 

He said nothing. I playfully hit his arm. "What? Is it wrong for friends to see each other when one is a prince?"

He was trying to hold it back, but I saw the smile in his face. "You really...wanted...to just see me?" He asked.

"Yeah... I ,I-um,I missed you." I really didn't want it to sound so romantic-ish, but it was the only words I came up with that described it perfectly.

He smiled. "You know...before,um..Lila...and we...before the elimination, I had an idea." His eyes twinkled with excitement. "Do you know what Halloween was?"

I pursed my lip at the new word. "No. Wait..was?"

"Yes, it's an old Celtic festival that kids used to dress up as evils to keep the evils away." He smiled. "I believe you would be quite pleased if we had a Halloween ball in your honor."

I placed a hand on my chest. "Me?My honor? why me??"

"I have come to possess the information that your birthday is near.   Alya told me..." there was utter pride in his expression.

My birthday! I had totally forgotten! "Okay..." I said, smiling. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Have you ever had a birthday party?" 

"A birthday party? For me?!" I squealed. "And on Halloween? That would be amazing! THank you!" I flung my arms around his neck.

He returned the hug. "I was thinking since you hate these ball gowns so much, we could dress up however we want."

"THat would be amazing." I sighed into his shoulder. "Thank you, Adrien. For everything. I owe you so much. What do you want in return? I'll give you anything I can."

He shifted uncomfortably. "I think you know very well what I want."

I was silent for a while. Nathanael passed though my head. EVeryting was going so well, until he showed up. I was finally going to move on. Then i realized, why was he stopping me from doing that? I had admitted I didn't love him, so what was?

I laughed. "I think I want the same thing," I whispered into his shoulder. He pulled us apart, and said. "What?"

Just like our first kiss, as slow as it could get, I leaned in. Then I paused, and continued. Our lips brushed against each other and then made full contact. We pulled apart, only to join again. Again and again.

We finally pulled apart long enough, and stared into our souls. "What exactly do we want?" Adrien asked.

"I think..." i said. "I think we want us...to be an us. A great one. A loving one."

He smiled, and I rested my head in his shoulder. I stayed that way for a long time, as if being comforted by all my worries and thoughts just for one night.

Hiiiiiiiii!!!!!

How was that?Mari and Adrien made up! Yay! Sorry, I suck at writing apologies (and apologizing in real life)

I'm sorry I'm speeding up the flow of the book a bit and also making a lot of differences compared to actual Selection. It's just I have a few ideas myself and think they would work out better with Adrienette.

Thanks for understanding, and BYE!!!!!!!!