Different...Good or Bad?

Sorry for reminding you again, but this book won't be exactly like the selection series. Just making sure you don't get confused. I won't remind you guys again unless something comes up. Also, there will be two new characters, their names will be Finesse Twilight (very right) and Star Jeme(next to Finesse). Their picture is above.

 Adrien's POV 

I watched from my chamber as all the girls got out. I was... eager to meet the girls who might one day be my future wife, but Father insisted I stay in my chambers until tomorrow. I couldn't see them clearly with the naked eye, so I took my binoculars instead,

"It would seem like you have better things to take care of." he had said. I don't know why you would want people to think that, but I didn't argue with him.

Blonde hair, blue eyes. Old, seen that image many times. Brunette, brown eyes, a bit more original, but not much. Another brunette. Blonde hair, blue eyes for another girl, but much sweeter than the first one. Black hair, radiant eyes, coudn't exactly tell the color. Blonde hair again, curly, and dark brown eyes. Blonde hair,  pale skin, brown eyes. Brown-red hair, light skin, freckles,golden eyes. Brownish black hair, dark brown eyes, from the slant of her eyes, I could tell she was from New Asia. The last one caught my eye.

She had long, blue hair. Blue hair, and it wasn't dyed either. Definitely natural. Blue eyes that sparkled in a way different from the rest. The others seemed to have some sort of calm, steady, bored look while she had some sort of fiery, wild, yet sad and sweet look.

I watched her as she hobbled up the stairs, getting more agitated with her shoes than ever. Finally, she did something that no girl would ever do. She took off her high heels and walked the rest of the way barefoot. I could see the pride in her eyes when the others shot her looks.

I guard escorted each one of them to their rooms to get settled, when I lost sight of them. I sighed and flopped up on my bed. Just in time too, Father knocked on my room door.

"Be ready in an hour." he instructed. "We are going to introduce the girls to you."

"But... I thought you said that I'm going to see them tomorrow?"

"See them today, formally meet each one tomorrow," he replied with no emotion."

"Yes, Father." 

Time skip

Adrien's POV 

I couldn't express how bored I was, sitting on the throne next to my father, all regal and formal, bored out of my mind. 

I watched and examined each girl's behavior carefully. They all acted pretty much the same, except one.

"Chloe Bourgeois, Two." I heard someone say, to meet dull blue eyes. She smiled seductively as she descended into a deep curtsy. "Your Highness." She giggled. I gave her a nod of approval.

"Lila Rossi, Two." I saw a brunette who had a fiery touch in her stare. I immediately knew from the start that whoever I was picking, it wasn't her. "It's an honor to meet you." She smiled, though it wasn't genuine. "Really? Does my future wife think so high of me?" I returned that smile.

She giggled and gave a wink before leaving. I mentally slapped myself. You're not here to play with girls, you're here to pick a wife. This is your future, it's not a game. You could be stuck with this person for eternity. I scolded myself.

"Alya Cesaire, Two." Another brunette appeared, and gave me a small smile before bowing. "I am honored to be here in your presence, Your Highness." I smiled and gave her a quick nod. "Enjoy your time here, Lady Alya."

She bowed again and left.

"Rose Lavillant, Three." A girl with blonde hair with much more sweet and kind eyes than the first, scurried in and curtsied. "Thank you for having me, Prince Adrien."  (Is it just me or does 'Prince Adrien' sound weird?)

I smiled sweetly, "Thank you, Ms. Lavillant," I said, and cued her to exit.

"Juleka Couffaine, Three. "The next girl had black hair, with a streak of purple in it. Dyed. Her eyes were a radiant purplish, and she was different than what I'd seen before. But not necessarily captivating in a good way. She was rather shy, just curtsied deeply, mumbled something, and ran off. 

"Finesse Twilight, Three." I watched as another blonde girl with blue eyes came up. She bit her lip, then curtsied. "It is an honor, Your Majesty."

I didn't really know what to say to her, and I guess she took my silence negatively. She ran out of the room crying. I was about to rise to go after her, then Father took my arm. "Sit." He barked.I obeyed.

"Star Jeme, Four." Star entered boldly into the room, her back perfectly straight, her head tilted upward the perfect amount, her eyes boldly staring into mine. "How gracious it is of you to keep me in your home," she said as she curtsied. Something about her words seemed uneasy though.

"It's no problem. I'm delighted to have you here." I replied, as she nodded her her head in relief.

"Mireille Caquet, Four." This was the girl from New Asia. I understand why Father would want her, she could have allies back in New Asia. I tried not to get angry over the fact that Father was merely using her.

"Your Majesty." I guess she really didn't know what else to say. "You're...from New Asia?" Damnit, Adrien, why do you have to be so interested in her origin. It's not like she's from another universe!

"Why, yes, I am!" She replied cheerfully, not offended at all. 

"Mylene  Haprele, Four." This girl clearly had nothing to say. She literally just curtsied, gave me a worried look, and before I could ease her she just scurried out of the room.

"Lastly, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Five." That got my attention. Caste Five? Musicians, artists mostly. A Five rarely ever got into the selection. She was just probably one of my Father's trash that he thought he could use if needed. This girl had midnight blue hair, and the sweetest, yet wild and amazing eyes I'd ever seen.

As blue met green, I gave her a genuine smile. To my utter surprise, she completely ignored it, shot me a glare, barely what I would call a curstly, and left, without saying a word. I was quite surprised and a bit offended by her behavior. Who did she think she was. Why, she wasn't even close to the crown, let alone act like she's already the princess! 

Hiiiiii everyone! Sorry for the really long chapter, and it's not-really-interesting content. I felt like introducing all the candidates was important, and it would kind of start off Mari's and Adrien's relationship, and Adrien's point of view of everyone else. It's okay if you don't want to read this part. Also, make sure you KNOW THAT I HAVE INCLUDED TWO MORE OF MY OWN CHARACTERS TO THE SELECTION: FINESSE TWILIGHT AND STAR JEME or you will be totally confused. BYEEEE!!!!!!!!!