chapter 16

Tris POV

It's been a few days since I have birth to Rea. I go home today. It's been hard on both Tobias and I. We aren't used to waking up 5 times a night and getting very little sleep. I'm getting ready to leave putting Rea in her car seat after putting her in a black and pink onesie that has pink poka dots all over the onesie. I'm getting dressed in a huge sweatshirt of Tobias' and leggings with Crocs. I feed Rea before I fill the discharge papers and leave. Tobias is at work saying goodbye to all his students and coming home. I wish he was here but it's fine. I give the papers to the front desk ladies and they give me scissors.

"Would you like to cut off your wrist bands?" I shake my head.

"No thank you. I'll keep them on thank you." I say and the lady nods.

"Ok then thank you. Have fun with the little one." I nod and say thanks and leave.

I put the car seat in the back of my jeep and drive very carefully home. I thank God the she a keeper through the driving. I open the garage door and Tobias' car isn't there. I sigh taking Rea out of the car right as she starts crying. I leave everything in the car and hurry to get inside shutting the garage door.

I take Rea out and see if she has a dirty supper nope, hungry. Most likely. I sit on the couch take my shirt off and put Rea to my nipple and she starts sucking. I put a light blanket over her as I turn the tv on.

I take the blanket down and coo at my baby.

"Hi sweet girl. I love you so much. No one is going to take you away from me. Your daddy loves you to very much. I don't know where he is right now but he loves you so much." I say kissing the top of her head.

She falls asleep on my chest after I feed a burp her. I can't get myslef to put her in her room. She's just so precious. So here I am laying on the couch watcher The Fosters with Rea asleep on my chest waiting for Tobias to come home. It's almost midnight and he's not home so I call his cell.

I get an incoming call from and unknown number. I don't want to hang up and miss him but this could be him. I answer the call.

Hello-Tris

Hi is this Mrs.Eaton-unknown
Yes this is she. How may I help you-Tris

Hi yes I'm calling for your husband. It seems that someone has ran your husband's car off the road and he has hit an on coming car then a tree-hospital

Oh my god. Is he okay. Did he pass-Tris

Yes ma'am your husband is perfectly fine other than the injuries that he sustained. We need to to come down to the hospital though-hospital

Ok I have a daughter we just got out of the hospital today.-Tris

Oh my I'm sorry but we do need you tree-hospital

Oh no it's ok I'm happy he's still here at least-Tris

Thank you so much-hospital

I'll be there soon thank you-Tris

I end that call put Rea in her car seat and walk out to the car. Good thing I left everything in the car. I strap her in and hurry to get in the seat.

"Ok baby let's go find daddy." I look behind me and look at the mirror that I can see her.

She has a smile on her face wide eyes. I coo but realize that I need to get to the hospotal. I hurry to the hospital but also being careful.

I arrive at the hospital 15 minutes later and I get Rea out speed walking to the front desk.

The lady who discharged me is there. She looks up at me and smiles.

"Back already." I shake my head.

"I'm here for Tobias Eaton. A car accident, trauma." Her eyes go wide.

"Room 529A. Hope he gets better." I thank her pick up Rea and walk to the elevator and ride up to the 5th floor.

I find 529A and walk in. I gasp once I see Tobias. He looks terrible. I walk over to his bead take Rea out of her car seat and hold her as I watch Tobias sleep. His eye is swollen shut, bruises cover his body and he as a cast on his left leg and his right arm. I hold my baby girl close to me as the door opens. I look over and the docter walks in.

"I assume that you are Mrs.Eaton." I nod. Looking down at Rea. She feel back asleep. I don't pit her in her seat. I need moral support and she's the closest that I can get.

"Alright then. Your husband sustained a broken fibulia and tibuia in his leg and broke his ulna in his arm. A shuddered wrist and bruises all over his body and his left eye is swollen shut. Also he has a concussion so he will be sensitive to light sound all of that. And here is his wedding ring. The police found it near the crash site." Tears are flowing down my face on to Realynns head. I nod taking his wedding ring in my hand.

"Thank you docter." I say and he nods.

"Its going to be a long recovery process, rehab, mentally and physically. With the newborn I would stay in a separate room down stairs and him upstairs so the sounds won't hurt him." I nod and he understands even though it was a slight nod.

"We are supposed to be moved out of our house next week and moving to California." I sob out digging my face into Realynns head.

"Well there's nothing I could do but you should be fine to do all that stuff so have help and what not." I nod.

"Did the police find who did this?" He shakes his head.

"Ok thank you docter." He leaves with out a word. I turn to Tobias. Who could have done this.

I sit in the chair next to his bed hoping the unbroken hand. I slip his ring in my purse. Once Rea starts crying I quickly feed and change her so it doesn't bother Tobias.

Hours later after multiple nurses visit I move Realynn and I to the couch with a pillow and a blanket. I lay down and put a sleeping Realynn on my chest pulling the blankets over me and falling into a deep sleep.