chapter 2

Ok so Tris is 24, Uriah-24, Zeke and Tobias-25 almost 26 Caleb-27. Tris and Caleb were taken in by the Pedrad family when they moved to Colorado. She works at Pine Creek Middle School and teaches 8thGrade American History. Tobias is newly employed as 8th Grade Math teacher, his room close to Tris's. Uriah and Zeke live a half hour away, Caleb and Will live one and a half hours away. It's September 18th, 9/11 passed. Tris and Tobias have been dating for 4 years now.

Tris POV

"Ok class. Who can tell me why the king was mad after the French and Indian war?" I ask pacing in front of them. Several hands go up.

"Gabe, go." I say walking to my desk.

"He was mad because the colonists wouldn't move back east, and so he had to protect them against France, and that put the king in debt."

"Very good." I say throwing him a Hershey kiss. I like to reward my kids.

"So what did the king do, he taxed the colonies." I say clicking the remote so the slide changes as I walk back and fourth in front of my students.

"His first tax was called the suger act, and he taxed people who imported suger. But the only people who imported suger was....." I draw out.

"New England colonies." We all shout as the bell rings.

"No homework just look ice your notes. Have a good weekend." I say as they leave. I sigh falling back to my chair.

+++Timelaps+++

I sigh open my garage door pulling into my driveway. Today was a long day. I had a few students who refuse to do anything and I got very to little to no sleep. But after I cleaned the house, eat and do some chores I'll go to bed a little earlier.

I grab my bags out of the car and walk in the door closing the garage on my way in. Once I enter my mudroom my black lab bear comes running to my feet and I start laughing.

"Hi bear bear." I say picking him up. He's so little. He tries to pick my face but I move my face.

I bear down and walk to the kitchen. My house isn't huge but it a good size. A tei story charded bricked house. With a medium size kitchen with good appliances and living room connected. 4 bedrooms including a master, 3 bathrooms a dining room, and a good size back yard. Its all mine and I'm paying for it.

My barfeet are spineless as I walk on the hardwood floors of the foyer. I make a left and walk up my stairs making another left walking into my room. The master bedroom is big. I have my queen bed in the middle of the room and dresser with a flat screen tv sitting on top. End tables at each side of the bed and I have two single chairs sitting in the corner of my room. A full mirror is sitting on the floor is the corner of my room. A walk in closet that's huge sits all the way on the left wall right by my bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom, take in my white shirt off and pull in my brown wide leg pants, and let them fall to the floor. I wash my hands, put on a pair of sweatpants, a sports bra, and one of Tobias's big old Colorado sweatshirts. I have Uriah, Zeke, Will, Caleb, and Tobias over a lot (though it's harder for Tobias to come a lot, because he lives in California. The good news is he's moving in with me on Saturday because he got a teaching job here!), and most of the time they leave stuff at my house.

I pull my hair out of its bun, and leave it dangling around my shoulders. No need to keep pulling on my head. I also leave my make-up on. I'm too lazy to take it off now. I'll do it in the shower later.

Bear and I head downstairs, and I turn on the TV for some background noise as I dust. It doesn't take me long to do the whole house, only an hour, but what I'm surprised about is the sheer amount of hair. I own a cat, Frankie –who is mostly black with some white and is the softest thing you've ever touched- and of course Bear. How those two produce so much hair I have no idea.

I only have to vacuum now, so I decide to declare myself done with cleaning for the night. I'm such a procrastinator. Thursdays are my nights to get take-out, so I call the local Chinese place, Jasmine Gardens. I order my usual Chicken Lo-Mein, General Sao's Chicken, Wanton Soup, and Egg rolls. I feed Bear and Frankie, and then I sit down in the armchair in my living room to read until it comes.

The living room is possibly my favorite room in the house. It has big, sloping, ceilings, two skylights, and four windows, two framing the fireplace, and two framing my TV. The living room also has my big comfortable, beige couch (It was cheap, okay!), and two big blue armchairs. I sit in one of them, and start to read my book, Mockingjay.

Then the doorbell rings.

Who would be here at 6:30 on a Thursday night. I ask my self as I go to open the door with Bear and Frankie tailing me. I open the door and see my boyfriend of four years, Tobias.

"Tobias. Oh my god you're here. Oh I've missed you." I say jumping in his arms planting kisses all around his face when I finally pull him inside.

"I thought you were coming on Saturday with everyone else?" I ask him shutting the door.

"I wanted to surprise my girlfriend and all my stuff is coming Saturday but I brought a few suitcases with me and I left a little earlier than expected." He says planting a kiss on my lips

"Well I'm extremely happy you're here. I love you." I say pulling him to the couch.

"I love you to." Tobias says sitting me on his lap and planting a kiss everywhere but my lips. The doorbell rings agin and this time I know it's my food.

"Chinese take out night." He laughs because he was the one who go me on this. I smile and nod grabbing my wallet and pay the dude giving me the food.

"Hey sweatcheeks. What to hang out after my shift?" He asks and I inwardly throw up.

"No thank you I'm repulsed by you." I say grabbing my good throwing him the money and slamming the door in his face.

"What was that?" Tobias comes up from behind me qraping his arms around me.

"Some prick trying to get laid." I say turn in my head to kiss him.

"But I told him that I was repulsed by him and I have you. I love you." He smiled and kiss my forehead.

+++Timelaps+++

By the time we finished dinner and cleaned up it was already 9:30 close to 10 so we went upstairs and I turn the tv on laying down on my bed and Tobias shuts the lights off and that's the last thing I remember before I fell into a dreamful sleep.