Chapter 7

Archie sat in the window that faced the endless hills behind thorn hill. He watched the dog settle around the landscape and the sky cloud over. Betty had promised she would find out what really happened but as much as he still loved her, she was a serpent now. A different person. He heard steps coming up the grand staircase behind him.
"Archie. They're someone here to see you." Penelope pointed to the entrance hall.
"Do I have to?" Archie asked.
"Yes. Now get down there before I have to force my hand." She snapped. Archie slowly walked down the stairs. Jughead stood below him.
"Get out of my house!" He yelled, braking into a run.
"I'm here for Betty." Jughead said calmly.
"Get out!" Archie shoved him out the doors.
"I know something about Jason's death." Jughead started walking away.
"Then tell Betty. Never come onto my property!" Archie shouted, close to tears. A car came through the gates, it's headlights shining through the fog. Toni and Cheryl stepped out.
"Jughead?" Toni waved away the fog from her face. "Why are you here?"
"I have information." Jughead announced.
"Actually, he was just leaving." Archie growled. He glared at Jughead, something that would make anyone at Riverdale high wet their pants, but instead, Jughead simply ignored him.
"I don't care about your masculinity feud. If he can help find out who killed Jay-Jay, he's welcome." Cheryl decided. Toni took her hand.
"Thank you, Cheryl. Now Jughead, what do have to tell us?"