Chapter 22

(Minutes later)
Cheryl knocked on Archie's door.
"Arch?" She said, softly. She heard some muffled noises and then the door opened. Even though it was almost noon, Archie looked like he had just woken up from getting no sleep.
"Yeah?" He groaned.
"Oh my god, you look like something the hypothetical cat dragged in. Are you okay?"
Cheryl stepped into Archie's room. He followed her to his bed and shook his head.
"Me and Veronica broke up last night." He finally said. Cheryl put her hand over her mouth in surprise.
"I'm so sorry." She hugged him.
"It's okay, it just wasn't meant to be." He shrugged.
"Then something else is happening because you look horrible." Cheryl decided. Archie looked annoyed but didn't say anything.
"Arch, you can tell me anything." She paused. "Especially the things you would have been telling Jason." Archie turned away from her. She put her hand on his shoulder.
"I'm just so mad, at everything, at the world for taking Jason, at myself for losing it on Jughead, at Betty for leaving all those years ago, at you for being a reminder of him," he started crying. Cheryl leaned her head on his arm as he continued listing off his anger. When he finally stopped, he pulled her into a hug. She was surprised since he never initiated hugs but she smiled and hugged back.
"What should I do?" He asked.
"I have no idea," She admitted, "I miss him so much and we can't do anything about that but on your other feeling.... Apologize to Jughead, stay friends with Betty, talk to me about these things, and help me look into some guys I heard talking at the bar." Archie nodded and let Cheryl lean on him again. They sat that way for awhile, sitting comfortably in the silence.