Chapter 15

Veronica stood at her locker, putting on her lipstick in her locker mirror. Her alarm had gone off late and she had had to wait for school to put on her makeup.
"Ronnie!" Archie came up from behind her and hugged her, pulling her off the ground.
"Hey Arch." Veronica smiled but was a little weirded out. "You okay?"
"Yeah. Just missed you. You free for a date tonight?" Archie asked.
"Actually Cheryl and I..." Veronica stopped as Cheryl walked into Riverdale High. She wore a black shirt and red skirt, definitely normal but, she wore her serpent jacket too. It's red leather made the green serpents pop more than the serpents' black did. Kids stared as Cheryl walked to Archie and Veronica.
"We still on for tonight V?" Cheryl asked. Archie couldn't figure out what the big smile on her face meant.
"Hell no! What you're a serpent now!" Veronica yelled.
"Ronnie, calm down!" Archie tried to calm her. He put his hand on her should but she pulled it off.
"No! Did you know about this? Is this why you two have been so busy?" She slammed her locker and angrily walked away.
"Ronnie!" Archie ran after her. Cheryl watched them disappear down the hall. Veronica has failed her test, like expected, but Cheryl had still wanted to try. She walked to her locker keeping her face deadpan, scaring anyone who tried to make a comment. C and V were over, forever.