The next day

Reggie ran down the stairs into his kitchen. A loud knocking filled the house.
"Get the door!" His mom yelled. The knocking became louder.
"I'm coming! I'm coming!" He called. He swung the front door open to find Cheryl. She was in a red vintage dress and her serpent jacket.
"Can I walk you to school?" She asked. Reggie wanted to say no but instead he grabbed his backpack and tennis shoes and joined her.
"I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was a terrible friend and I understand if you never want to speak to me again." Reggie could tell that Cheryl was sad.
"I don't want to never speak to you again." Reggie conceded.
"Really?" A big smile spread on Cheryl's face.
"But if you ever ditch me again, I will move on without a glance back." Reggie threatened. Cheryl quickly nodded.
"Soooo, you and Veronica?" Cheryl teased.
"I really like her." Reggie answered. "Do you want to date her?" Cheryl asked.
"Definitely, but she just got out of a long term relationship so I don't want to push anything on her." Cheryl bumped into Reggie.
"Reggie's got a crush." She teased. He blushed.
"Please don't say anything." Cheryl pretended to lock her mouth with a key and throw the key away. They walked up one last hill to Riverdale High. Veronica and Archie were standing on the front steps.
"Are you friends again?" Archie asked. Cheryl turned to Reggie.
"Yes, we are." Reggie answered without a second thought.
"Thank god because if my best friend and my boyfriend hated each other." Veronica sighed. She immediately put her hand over her mouth.
"Not that we'd dating just..." Veronica babbled until Reggie cut her off.
"I would love to be your boyfriend." Reggie shrugged, pretending to not be freaking out inside. Cheryl and Archie watched, amused.
"Awesome." Veronica took Reggie's hand. Cheryl and Archie let the couple disappear into the halls. Archie scanned the halls for his friends. Cheryl took a deep breath.
"Archie, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Could you please help me deal with FP?" Archie chuckled.
"You've really has to swallow your pride today." Archie said. "I accept your apology." Archie and Cheryl started walking to their lockers.
"So Archie," Cheryl smirked. "Why didn't you come home last night?" Archie rubbed the back of his head.
"I stayed at Jughead's." He answered casually.
"Should I not assume you guys slept together?" Cheryl asked bluntly. This time, Archie blushed.
"We may have...done some stuff." Cheryl slapped his arm.
"Why would you not tell me sooner!" Archie had never seen Cheryl smile so big.
"Relax, it's not a big deal." Archie insisted.
"Come on." Cheryl hugged her binders to her chest. "You're practically dating." Archie shrugged and went into his classroom. As soon as Cheryl was out of sight, he smiled. Jughead Jones was practically his boyfriend.
———
Jughead waited for Toni to come out to lunch. He was sitting with Sweet Pea and Fangs, acting like everything was normal. Toni turned the corner and Jughead pulled her behind the gym.
"You okay?" Toni asked. Jughead looked around for other serpents.
"I know what my dad did." Jughead whispered. Toni cursed.
"Who told you?" She matched his volume level.
"Archie. He came over last night."
Toni raised her eyebrows.
"Shut up,"
"Are you guys dating yet?"
"I don't know, it's not important." Toni noticed the corners of his mouth turn up. "What is important is that my dad is a monster?" Toni furrowed her eyebrows.
"He was doing it to protect you." Toni argued.
"He drove a teenager to suicide. He deserves to rot in jail." Jughead's voice started to raise. "I could turn him in right now."
"We need more evidence. If you could record a confession," Toni paused. "or find the money he was paid. Then we can go to the Sheriff."
———-
Please go check out the new fanfic I started! Called Back to riverdale!