Chapter 9

"So what were you up to last night?" Betty and Jughead were sitting on a pool table in the white wyrm. It buzzed with noise from serpents who had just gotten out of school. Young recruits were causing trouble while the leaders sat on the outskirts, discussing the mayoral threats they had been getting. Jughead hopped off, suddenly nervous.
"He was with me." Sweet Pea quickly interjected. Toni and Sweet Pea stood behind the bar. He set down the drink glass he was washing. Toni picked it up to dry.
"Yeah, he was my wingman." Sweet Pea lied. Jughead smiled.
"There was a girl staying at the hotel next door for the night." Jughead added to the story. Betty chuckled.
"And did you get the girl?" She asked. Jughead turned to Sweet Pea. He gave him a look that said, ANSWER.
"Yep. Second Base." He bragged.
"Ugh, I did not need to know that!" Toni groaned. She set the last glass on the shelf. "Well thanks for helping Sweet Pea."
"Jughead?" Betty said sweetly. "Could you help me investigate a lead? I want to find the ghoulies who supplied Archie, because they probably supplied Jason too." Jughead picked Betty up off the table and spinner her around.
"Of course." He pulled her face close to her mouth.
"Oh my god you two, get a room!" Sweet Pea mimicked Toni's groan from earlier. Toni suddenly turned her back to them. Sweet Pea made a what sound and she began talking.
"Actually Jug, you promised to help with my essay for English. Remember? Can Sweet Pea go to with you?" Toni walked out from the bar. Jughead gave her a confused look.
"Sure." Jughead grabbed his backpack from below the pool table. Sweet Pea went to the door, waiting for Betty.
"Bye Babe." Betty pulled Jughead into a kiss before disappearing into the afternoon light the wyrm's door blocked out.