Chapter 16

Betty walked into the White Wyrm after school. Toni and Cheryl were hanging out at the bar, Sweet Pea and Fangs were playing pool, and Jughead was waiting for her on the stage.
"Hey! How was your day?" He asked. Betty shrugged.
"School." Jughead nodded in agreement.
"So I was thinking, you and Archie are becoming really close. Why don't we do a double date with him?" Jughead lay down on the stage. Betty jumped up next to him.
"Yeah! That would be great." Betty smiled. "He was my best friend and it's just so nice to be hanging out with him again!" Jughead smiled at her. He loved seeing her get excited.
"Great! I got his number from Cheryl so I'll text him." Betty leaned over him.
"You're the best boyfriend ever." Betty placed her lips on his and time melted away.
"Jug! Want to play a round?" Fangs yelled from below.
"Why do we always get interrupted?" Jughead laughed. Betty giggled and watched him join Sweet Pea and Fangs. Her staring stopped when she heard Toni yell.
"Why do you have to be so extra about everything!" Toni yelled. Betty jumped off the stage and ran to  them.
"Are you okay?" Betty asked.
"We're fine cousin dear. This little bitch just doesn't realize that I gave up everything to become a serpent!" Cheryl shouted. They glared at each other.
"Want me to give you a ride Cheryl? I need to talk to your brother anyway?" Jughead called across the room.
"Sounds perfect Jughead, Bye bitch." Cheryl walked out angrily.  Toni rolled her eyes.
"Can nothing be simple with her?" Toni muttered. Betty watched Jughead join Cheryl and turned back to Toni.
"What the hell was that?" Fangs asked as he walked up to the bar.
"Cheryl's upset I don't want to introduce her to my parents since I'm out to them already." Toni sighed. Fangs made her give him a hug.
"Why don't you?" Betty asked quietly.
"Because she's lying." Sweet Pea announced from the pool table.
"What?" Fangs threw his hands up in surprise.
"I live with my grandpa." Toni confessed. "I haven't spoken to my parents since the day we were no longer able to afford our house and the entire family's food."