Chapter 20

Cheryl wiped down the counter of the whyte wyrm's bar. To make up for their fight, Cheryl had taken Toni's bar job for the week and Toni was cleaning her jacket every day. Riverdale was currently in a drought, resulting in horrible dust and barely any good water. Cheryl decided to listen to some music on her headphones but before she could press play on any songs, she heard a yell.
"Damnit!" An angry voice came from around the corner. She didn't recognize it. "You said once the kid was dead we'd be done!" Cheryl froze.
"I know, I know, but now the boss is saying some northsiders are investigating. Any way to know exactly what happened at the river?" Another voice cut in. Cheryl knew this one but she couldn't remember who. "I was there." A voice replied. This one was Tall Boy, Cheryl was certain.
"Anything that can lead to us?" The second one asked. Holy Shit. That's FP, Cheryl realized.
"Nope. The plan went off without a hitch." Tall Boy promised.
"Good." The first one's voice became louder. He must be walking to the bar, Cheryl thought. Panicking and trying to not freak out, she hit play on the first song and started washing another glass. Mustang, FP, and Tall Boy came around the corner. She looked up, able to keep her eyes completely innocent, thank you Riverdale High Drama Club. FP nodded at her and she gave a salute back before turning her back on them to count up the money in the register. She was only able to catch one more sentence as they went out the door.
"Make sure she's taken care of."
——————————-
Side note- Thank you all so much, this has hit 850 reads and I'm so honored. This is mostly gonna be crackships and the investigation so don't think anything is set until the very end and even then I might to a "book 2" but idk that's a while away.

Feel free to comment who you want to end up together because I'm super indecisive and it will actually factor into who will be together.

Once again, thank you all so much and I hope you enjoy what's to come.