For Angels to Fly (Chapter Three)

"So, tell me about your trip yesterday? How was the amusement park?"

Thalia's mothers voice was the only thing you could hear in the room, besides the clink of her spoon hitting the side of her tea cup as she stirred her tea.

"Fine mother. We went on many rollarcoasters that were very fast." Thalia replied with a small smile, sipping on her own tea. She didn't say much more, staying with her short rehearsed answer.

"Hm, such things are a little too fast and reckless for me. I don't see a reason for you to hurry back there anytime soon."

"Yes mother, I know."

Glancing up from her tea Thalia noticed the disappointed look on her mothers face- one that looked as if it was one plastic surgery away from becoming a Halloween mask. Her blond extensions were trailing down behind her in a braid, and her posture was as perfect as ever.

Sitting just next to her was a perfect Ken to her Barbie likeness. It was Thalia's father, his face less affected by plastic surgery but still just a little bit to perfect. His blond hair looked more fake than his face, since he'd been dying it brighter and brighter with the more grey hairs he had coming in.

Tilting her head to glance over her shoulder as Thalia heard a door open behind her- her younger sister walked in, looking as stereotypical as possible.

Sitting down with a hungover look she started slurping as her own tea as her mother greeted her with excitement.

"How was your party last night dear?"

"Oh- it was fine, grand even." Brenda answered with a sarcastic smirk. It was funny how her mother practically ignored and obviously disapproved of most of what Thalia did while she praised every horrible decision Brenda made. No, it wasn't funny- it was something that deeply unsettled Thalia.

Like obviously getting drunk and partying the night before. With a soft sigh Thalia remembered when she used to do stuff like that, and immediately her fingers clutched her tea cup harder. It wasn't the partying that she missed, but as a recovering alcoholic she absent mindedly wished for the beer.

But of course she'd stop herself enough time to keep the recovering part of her status.

"Oh, I'm sure you had such good fun with your friends. Really Thalia you should make some more- it would do you good if you acted more like your sister."

This almost made her crack her empty tea cup, which she set down- instead turning to stare at the eggs and hash browns on her breakfast plate.

It would do you good if you acted more like your sister.

She had done that in her past, and nearly ruined her life.

Really Thalia you should make some more friends.

Those weren't Brenda's friends, those were Thalia's old friends. The second Thalia had tried to change her younger sister (Junior by a year) had stepped up to take her place- going as far to as even try to date her old boyfriend. Trying to please her friends and fit in- she'd even led most attacks on her when she'd been the most hated person in Stoney Creek, for no reason besides the popular people hated her for trying to escape them.

Brenda wasn't exactly the best sister- but some part of Thalia still accepted her for some reason.

"Yeah horse shit, you should come to our next party."

First of all, horse shit was the nickname that Brenda had called her since she was nine and Thalia was ten. They'd used to ride horses, and Thalia had tripped and landed on her hands and knees in horse poo. Chanting horse shit her little sister had left her to scramble out of the crap- not ever looking back and laughing her head off.