Peanut Butter and Jelly (Chapter Twenty One)

"Wait a second Zayn, what time is it?"

Pausing, Zayn was half sure she was just distracting him so she could try to cheat, but then again that was hard when you're playing Pictionary in the sand.

Glancing at his watch, Zayn answered her quickly before going back to finishing his picture of a bunny rabbit wearing a sun hat. She'd already guessed what it was when he was halfway done, but Zayn insisted on finishing his drawing.

"Really, it's already four?" Thalia asked, wondering how they could spend two hours doing nothing more than talking and playing little games.

Suddenly realizing what time it was, Zayn jerked upwards to his feet.

"Oh my god, our ferry's in fifteen minutes." He muttered, starting to shove all of their stuff in the picnic basket- realizing the walk was fifteen minutes, he cursed himself for losing track of time.

Meanwhile Thalia had Zayn's iPhone in her hands, crouching carefully in the sand as she took pictures of the pictures her and Zayn had drawn in the sand. They sprawled out, and Thalia thought they were too beautiful to not photograph.

Wandering over into the cove, she started taking pictures of the scenery. For a moment she could only stare at the waves that were lapping at her bare feet- watching the water with a look of forlorn.

Thalia's favourite scene had to be of a beach. Water, sand, wind causing the waves to build and crash against the shore.

Tugging Zayn's jacket tighter at a sudden breeze, she glanced over her shoulder when Zayn called asking it she had seen his cellphone.

"Hey, that's mine!" He called when noticed she had it.

Thalia laughed, dancing back up to the beach and then out of his reach when he reached out for it.

"You can have it once you catch me." She said simply, smiling deviously one last time before she turned and dashed back up the path towards the ferry.

Smirking at how cute she was, Zayn picked up the basket and everything he'd stuffed into it before running after her.

He caught up with her pretty quickly, but she didn't seem to be really trying. She was fast.

They kept running, calling at each other as they did- until Thalia ran straight onto the ferry with Zayn following close behind. Just as they got on the workers started get ready for departure, so they were lucky.

Zayn finally caught up with Thalia on the top deck. He didn't realized she had purposely stopped until he rammed into her- wrapping his arms around her from behind.

She shrieked in surprise, laughing as Zayn started swinging her in circles.

"Put me down, put me down!" She called, smacking him in the shoulder when he did. But she wasn't really angry, her face showing that as she pulled up his phone again.

"One last picture." She requested, sounding innocent enough as she went to stand by Zayn's side, putting her arm around his waist. He put his arm around her shoulder as Thalia held the iPhone up- both of them smiling into the camera as Thalia took the picture.

"Lovely." Zayn said as he looked at the picture afterwards. "Definitely a keeper."

Glancing back, Zayn noticed Thalia wasn't beside him anymore. She was seated a couple feet away at a random piano. It reminded Zayn of the piano back at the house, except he realized that here- someone could play.

Thalia's finger was already running over the keys as she warmed up, not looking up once Zayn sat down next to her.

"Public piano's?" Zayn asked, running his fingers over the words that were painted onto the cast iron frame.