Turn the Lights off (Chapter Twenty Two)

"Get away from me."

"What did I do?"

"You god damn know what you did!" Thalia shouted angrily, her eyes brimming with tears as she slammed the front door.

She was storming up the stairs, furiously rubbing her eyes and trying to ignore her sister as she tried to clear her names half-heartedly, her voice sounding bored. Soon enough Thalia was trying to keep herself from crying on the balcony on that second floor that looked off into the main hall, her sister standing almost underneath her with her hands on her hips.

"Thalia, you're overreacting. I didn't do anything but try and introduce myself to your friend-"

"You screamed, "Hey horseshit! Who's the man whore?!" out of the the front door! And you picked that exact moment to do it, didn't you?!"

Thalia was nearly shrieking then, all of anger she'd kept buried down over the years  come bubbling back up.

What angered her the most is that they'd nearly kissed. Finally Thalia was falling back in love, and the second that her fairytale night was going to end with a picture perfect kiss- Brenda had shattered it with her usual, soul crushing words.

"Well, it's not my fault you were getting a little to physical-"

"We were barely touching!"

With one hand gripping the railing and the other covering her teary eyes, Thalia's voice broke as she screamed at her sister and she screamed back.

The memory of Zayn getting a shocked, confused and disgusted look on his face was still fresh in Thalia's memory. The way she suggested he leave as her eyes started glittering with tears, and how he started saying something in an angry and concerned voice before he realized how badly Thalia wanted him to just leave.

"Please, just go." Thalia muttered as she hid her face in her hands.

Staying still as she felt Zayn move forward and hug her, Thalia pressed her forehead into his chest for the couple seconds they hugged.

"Bye Thalia," He whispered into her ears, still holding on as he said goodbye. "We'll talk later, call me whenever- I'll listen."

Pulling back, Zayn just stared into her eyes with a meaningful look- keeping eye contact until Thalia looked back at her feet.

Without another word Zayn left, going back to the taxi. Thalia was sure he was staring out the back window, though she was frozen staring at the ground as the taxi drove out of sight.

All the while Brenda was still calling out from the door, and her current calls brought Thalia back from her sad daze- her anger starting to boil again. She absent mindedly noticed that Mr and Mrs. Eldridge weren't home- which meant they wouldn't know about any argument since Brenda wouldn't risk getting in trouble.

"I'm not taking it anymore."

Brenda fell silent from the fit she was having, her eyes narrowing at Thalia. Her look silently asked, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I. Am. Not. Taking. This. Anymore." She repeated, speaking slowly at first, but her voice getting louder and more confident with each word. "And I'm not taking you anymore either."

"Listen Horseshit-"

"Thalia. My name is Thalia. My name is Thalia, and I have something to fight for now. I have Zayn, and I have Arden. I will not be Horseshit, when everyone that I'm fighting for deserves Thalia. Do you understand, Brenda?"

Beneath her, Brenda was frozen in shock. Very slowly she started looking pissed, glancing around anywhere but at Thalia before she let out a frustrated scream.