Finally (Chapter Sixteen)

"..ldridge, Ms. Eldridge! Wake up! Wake up Thalia!"

Suddenly jerking upwards with the feeling as if she'd just taken a breath after being deprived of air- Thalia awoke.

"Thalia, are you ok? You just suddenly started screaming wh-"

"I was doing what?" Thalia asked groggily, still being half-asleep as she looked up at her maid,  who looked thoroughly shocked. Standing up straight from where she'd been bent over Thalia, she repeated herself.

"You were screaming miss. It would be either 'No!' or or something about someone leaving 'him' alone."

Thalia, who had been running her hands through her messy hair, paused. Her first thought was that it must've been a nightmare, but she failed to be able to recollect it at all.

Stumbling to her feet, Thalia dismissed it as just an average nightmare before she tugged her clothing back into place on herself.

"Alright then. I was sent up to fetch you to breakfast, and unless you need anything else..."

Thalia waved her away, shouting "Thank you!" as the maid left the room.

She called me Thalia...

Smiling Thalia saw that as a tiny victory in her battle of breaking the help past their professional attitudes. Just because they were scared of her mother, Thalia didn't see any reason for them to be scared of her.

Chuckling slightly at that thought Thalia started with getting ready for breakfast. Since she had slept in day clothes that were now wrinkled- she exchanged them for clean ones; a simple t-shirt and shorts combination.

Yawning and she made her way down the stairs- the fact that she'd be screaming in a dream, wanting to protect someone, a him, made her curious.

She'd heard of all kinds of theories about dreams- how they could foresee the future, or reflect on current events and emotions. Ultimately it didn't matter what Thalia thought about that though- since she couldn't even remember her dream.

Who was he? What or who did she want to leave him alone?

But she was using this to distract herself from what she'd discovered yesterday. Jill, who'd have been her only friend- doing the exact same thing the love of her life had done.

Just pretend she's not there and maybe she'll go away.

It was like they were ashamed of her.

The thought made Thalia feel disgusted. Though whether it was aimed towards them, or herself, she didn't know.

Pushing that thought to the back of her mind, Thalia sat herself in her average place at the breakfast table- sitting in her normal rigid and proper, but at the same time insignificant looking way.

It wasn't as if her parents weren't deep in simple talk with Brenda though. Then again it didn't stop Brenda for smirking coyly as Thalia started pushing her french toast around her plate- as if finally the entertainment had arrived.

"Thalia. How are you doing this fine morning?"

It was so out of character Thalia didn't respond at first- thinking maybe there was another Thalia that her sister actually liked.

Only by the time her sister was back to Horseshit trying to get her attention did Thalia realize how she was talking to.

"I'm fine." Thalia answered gingerly, her hands slowly coming to her lap. It was almost on instinct, as if she felt her sister would lean over the table and hit her.