Broken (Chapter Twenty Three)

"Zayn, hurry up and finish your packing! We need to be at the airport by seven thirty, and it's already six thirty!"

Zayn just rolled his eyes as his escort/bodyguard for the short Canadian trip called to him from the other room. He had only been in the country for two days, so he didn't have much clothing to pack up. Lazily throwing his t-shirts, shorts and everything else he'd brought in his small suitcase, he was done within three minutes.

Once he was done he flopped down on the fluffy hotel bed, deciding to check what was going on through his cell phone before his handler started screaming at him to into the car that would no doubt be waiting for them.

Already he was being attacked with questions about the date. He was all over the Internet, and it seemed the attention Thalia was getting doubled- if that was possible. The grim look on his face stayed as he went through what he had too, eventually getting tired of the trash that he was reading and going to check his texts.

He didn't even bother the dirty jokes that Harry and Louis were sending him, quickly responding to Niall's text- asking him if he wanted him and Liam to pick him up at the airport.

Zayn responded, reminding Niall he'd be back around three or four in the morning.

Niall answered almost instantly, taking back his offer. But he added Liam would still do it- and Zayn couldn't help but smirk at one friend's laziness, and the others kindness.

Finishing through the boys texts, Zayn frowned when he realized Thalia hadn't texted him yet.

The sound of a malice filled voice taunting mainly her and even him was still fresh in his mind, and it disturbed him.

The worst thing was that it was her sister. He could never imagine talking like that to his sisters or brother(s), none the less them speaking to each other that way.

Zayn hated it, he hated her. He didn't even know her, but her harsh words made him hate her.

Scrolling through the rest of his texts, he clicked open a new one once his phone rung, alerting him of it.

Arden Veryiaye:

Get to Thalia, now.

Jerking upwards into a sitting position, Zayn found himself very confused. Get to Thalia? What was Arden talking about?

He was halfway through responding to his text, asking him to explain, when the phone rung again- this time alerting him of an incoming call.

Zayn answered it quickly, putting the phone to his ear- only to her the sound of a person hyper ventilating on the other end.

"Hello?" Zayn asked in a weary voice, the line becoming silent for a moment before a blubbering Arden started speaking, his words making no sense as he fast breathing took over some parts of his sentences.

"Zayn, it's Th-" His voice cracked, and for a second it sounded like he was gagging. "-should've told her ... how knows what she'll, it's all our fault!"

Only the last part was clear, a high pitched wail that made Zayn have to hold the phone away from his ear for a second.

"Arden, Arden!" Zayn yelled, making Arden fall quiet from his garbled speech for a moment. "Take some calm breaths, just answer yes or no- ok?"

It was silent, and then Arden managed to croak an "Ok."

"Is this about Thalia?" Zayn asked, feel worry start to pile up in his stomach. By then he was on his feet, pacing the small hotel room.

"Y-yes." Arden stuttered, his breathing getting heavy again. He sounded on the verge of tears.

"Is she hurt?" Zayn was speaking slowly, and he could feel his heart beat get as high as a frightened rabbits.