Is This Real? (Chapter Thirty Five)

"Wait to go, Thally!"

Thalia smiled meekly as she edged into the house, clutching the plastic police helmet that Zayn had gotten her at some cheesy store.

Niall only got louder, jumping around her with an excited look.

"I really couldn't believe it when I heard, but wait to go!" He repeated, his Irish accent strong as he spoke.

"Inappropriate, but if anyone deserved to do something like that- it's you." Liam spoke calmly from where he stood, his arms crossed and a small smile on his face.

"And we can't repeat something like that ever again. I've already explained the behavioural rules that come with being world famous." Zayn drawled as he appeared through the front door behind Thalia- though he was smiling the same that Niall was.

"I've gotten multiple texts from Harry and Louis- both whom agree with Niall, it seems." Liam said, chuckling once Thalia blushed a little. All five members of One Direction were proud of her, and it was ultimately a good feeling.

She still wasn't entirely sure of what she said. Staring out the window, at the people chasing the cab- something just snapped. It was as if she was watching a movie, not able to control herself as she leaned out the window and started screaming.

For a moment she had shifted into her former self, a hardened girl who snorted at people hating on her and then hit back with something that she intended to hit hard. Something that would make them wide eyed, and then ache on the inside and doubt themself in whatever way she intended.

At that point she'd startled them, getting a response from someone they assumed was meek to confront. Given more time she would've turned into a complete monster, tearing each weak part she could find apart.

It wasn't a side of her she wanted Zayn knowing about, but it had surfaced.

And it almost scared her.

"I don't even know what I was thinking. Just, stand up for yourself I guess." Thalia said, sounding bashful and ashamed before Zayn jumped in and explained how that what happened didn't stop them from touring most of London. From impassive palace guards to what was supposed to be the best cuppa in the world- they'd seen it all.

The only thing that brought protests was when Thalia didn't see the big deal over the tea.

In the end the four of them were sitting at the table, discussing what to do next as they sipped at tea that Thalia still didn't find a big deal with.

"You should taste a cup that Harry makes, we don't know how he does it but they're amazing." Liam said, popping his lips as he started reading another paper out of the tens that were laid across the table.

All different concerts, signings, charity events, award ceremonies, and other events- all things the boy's needed to clarify that they could go to before management could officially sort everything out.

Everyone was in a really good mood, and it seemed infectious and just growing as the boys went over what they'd be doing over the next year.

"Looks like we were formally invited to the Grammy Awards," Liam started, getting cut off as Niall started twittering about how exciting it was.

"Not to be conceited, but we all knew it was coming." Zayn snorted, plucking the paper out of Liam's hand to inspect it himself as Thalia just quietly milled through some separate papers.

"Hey, this one's different. Dear Zayn Malik, we at management are sorry-"

Before Thalia could get another sentence into the letter Zayn had frantically reached forward and snatched the paper from her- skimming it over once as quickly as he could before crumpling it up. Thalia had shied away from it as his eyes ate up the words on the paper, every word he took in increasing the angry and nervous look that filled his dark eyes.