Anything She Needs (Chapter Thirty Three)

Bleary eyed, Zayn shook his head.

He didn't know why he'd woken up, but he did.

Zayn stumbled to his feet, rubbing his eyes as he clumsily opened the door to his room- his vision swimming with dots from standing up so quickly.

Finally he managed to gather his wits, his eyes quickly adjusting to the dark as he made his way down the hall- trying to be more quiet once he reached the stairs.

More quiet, but more clumsy- as he held the railing tightly and nearly tripped over his own feet.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Zayn looked up with furrowed eyebrows- padding into the kitchen after the sound of someone else moving that he was sure he heard.

Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall or-

Thalia.

Thalia, Zayn thought- almost an simple command in his head as he went through the dining room and the kitchen- pausing before her bedroom door.

Should he knock? She was possibly sleeping, even if he thought he'd heard her. What if she didn't want to be bothered, or was mad at him for whatever reason-

Before he could talk himself out of it, Zayn opened the door.

His eyes quickly found her, smiling as the light from the kitchen trailed into the room- illuminating Thalia's sleeping face. Her hair was astray around her face, and she looked so simply peaceful- Zayn could help but smile.

For a second he could only stare at her, but then he realized he was probably being creepy and closed the door.

Plus he was in his underwear. If she woke up that would be kind of awkward.

The thought made him chuckle softly- and he stifled it, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty as he started rifling through the kitchen for a midnight-

Make that five o'clock in the morning snack. Zayn thought as he started through the cupboards and the fridge.

Nothing tasty in the cupboards, nothing tasty in the fridge.

Defeated- Zayn filled a glass with water before starting his short trek back up to his room. He was careful to be more quiet, not wanting to wake Thalia.

Slumping back into his bed, Zayn took a sip of his water- sighing as he set it on his bedside table.

He could fall asleep if he wanted too, he could fall asleep anywhere, but he didn't really want too. And he didn't think he'd be able to, as a sudden craving hit him.

Groaning softly, Zayn sat up and got back out of bed- finding his jacket laying abandoned on the floor and digging through the pockets until he came up with a pack of cigarettes.

He'd lit one before he'd even opened his window- his free hands already snaking around outside and pulling his body up out of his room and onto the little platform of the roof.

Sighing, Zayn took a drag as he laid back on the roof- ignoring the leaves and twigs that dug into his back as he stared up at the stars.

"I've never had the words to say,

but now I'm asking you to stay.

For a little while inside my arms...

And as you close your eyes tonight,

I pray that you will see the light,

that's shining from the stars above..."

Zayn sang softly to himself, his eyes looking up in a daze. Taking a deep breath, he started lyric, from another song of One Direction's.